Weber DCOEs - all the advantages of P.I. with none of the drawbacks. I've got 115,000 miles on my first set which have brass throttle shafts, so very old ( '60s vintage ). One did service on a Harley ( if that isn't the test of all tests, what is? ). Zero issues in 22 years. Far and away the most reliable kit of the entire car. In the UK you have a plethora of experts who will calibrate these to a gnat's eyebrow in a matter of hours. ( Here in the 'States emissions laws prevented fitment of high duration/lift cams ( like the CP " 150 " ) required to get more power from these engines, obviating Webers for the duration - so scant expertise here to draw upon. )

As I have opined before, the values of non-U.S. 6-cyl TRs could be double or triple what they are had TRIUMPH fitted DCOEs instead of the LUCAS P.I. The performance and reliability therewith would have beaten everything in its class and somewhat above.

A match made in heaven.

Cheers,

Tom

Weber DCOEs - all the advantages of P.I. with none of the drawbacks. I've got 115,000 miles on my first set which have brass throttle shafts, so very old ( '60s vintage ). One did service on a Harley ( if that isn't the test of all tests, what is? ). Zero issues in 22 years. Far and away the most reliable kit of the entire car. In the UK you have a plethora of experts who will calibrate these to a gnat's eyebrow in a matter of hours. ( Here in the 'States emissions laws prevented fitment of high duration/lift cams ( like the CP " 150 " ) required to get more power from these engines, obviating Webers for the duration - so scant expertise here to draw upon. )

As I have opined before, the values of non-U.S. 6-cyl TRs could be double or triple what they are had TRIUMPH fitted DCOEs instead of the LUCAS P.I. The performance and reliability therewith would have beaten everything in its class and somewhat above.

A match made in heaven.

Cheers,

Tom

plus 1 (hi tom )

once there sorted they are fantastic, 2500 miles around irland last year didn't miss a beat

however with the pi plugs getting black, miss firing constantly, cleaning plugs drives you mad,

if you are using the car then consider change

if you potter around like so many do then keep the pi

my thoughts pink

Returning to Pete's original post, the ZS or SU preference, I think Nigel is closer to the truth of the matter.

When a ZS goes bad, the reason seems to go unrecognized as a component that needs replacement. There are a lot of visible screws and they get turned one way and another in a futile attempt to compensate.

Thoughts turn to alternatives such as SU's and other brands. SU's seem to be familiar to British car owners and mechanics and get the nod more so than other carbs; although over here Weber seems to be an impressive brand name and reputation so the poor car owner may end up with Weber DGV carbs.

Edited by poolboy

Hi Neil.

I'd like to see a PI car that's done 80k without problems with the fuel system.

Mark.

I have done 42k since mine was rebuilt not missed a beat, everything supplied & set up by Malcolm at Prestige :):):)

Cheers

Mike B)

I've put these pictures up in a previous discussion. They are Keihin carbs off a Kawasaki ZX6R. I've been running them for about a year now and I love the better response that I now have, compared to the triple Stromberg set up that I had before. All the manifolds and velocity stacks are homemade. post-14841-0-50967500-1496149919_thumb.jpgpost-14841-0-71054700-1496149990_thumb.jpg

Stephen,

I'm not normally a fan of bike carbs on a car (6 of everything to adjust in this case), but that is a truly splendid setup you have there. Well done, probably the best engineered and finished setup I've ever seen. :):)

Gavin