Great plug deal at Halfords

Halfords have NGK BP6ES plugs (TR5/6) on offer on line at £5 for 4, click and collect at a Halfords branch local to you. (OK so you have to buy 8, big deal!). This is a massive saving on RRP and although there have been reports of fake NGK plugs available on the Internet one hopes that Halfords can be relied on and at least you will have some come back if issues.

Tim

Quite right Richard. I was thinking of 6 and two spares but that's silly, you never need a spare NGK plug. I've used them for as long as I can remember and have never had one fail.

Tim

Try Wilco £1 each

Really? WilcoOnline refuses to even show what plugs they have in stock. They insist you enter your vehicle details (no doubt for future marketing)https://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/catalogue/filters-ignition

So which Wilco sells spark plugs at the ridiculous price of £1 each?

John

Hi John,

you will be lucky to get any more off than the sale price.

Light bulbs are cheaper in the sale.

The Classic oil only gets £1 discount from the sale price

Their range of plugs isn;t that great these days. They don't do the TR4A plugs anymore.

Roger

Ha! HA HA! Some great deal.

First, my local Halfords have a rack of plugs, looking more like a remainders sale than a promotion. Bits 'n' bobs, nothing to suit a Triumph.

Then online, I can order the correct plugs but "Collection not available" and "Delivery not available"

In other words their stock is exhausted - did you get yours, Tim?

John

Ha! HA HA! Some great deal.

First, my local Halfords have a rack of plugs, looking more like a remainders sale than a promotion. Bits 'n' bobs, nothing to suit a Triumph.

Then online, I can order the correct plugs but "Collection not available" and "Delivery not available"

In other words their stock is exhausted - did you get yours, Tim?

John

Same experience at my local Halfords first thing this morning - none on rack (although the catalogue was correct in fitment details) so tried ordering at the counter, none available in the central warehouse, and none expected in...............

Ian

I am really sorry about this, only trying to be helpful - don't shoot the messenger! They weren't even for me (I have a 4A), I was looking to help source some service parts for a local C.T. member who has a GT6 Mk III. He is unfamiliar with the mechanics of old cars and I am going to help him give it the once over. I gave him the link for the plugs but don't know if he had any joy. I will find out. Before sending the link I did try a 'dummy' order and it seemed as if I could have the plugs delivered to the Letchworth Halfords branch within 24hrs. There was no facility to click and collect from my nearest, smaller branch in Hitchin.

Tim

Don't be sorry, Tim, you were doing your best! I got an email from Halfords about their spark plug sale, and would have done the same as you, if you had not been quicker.

John

I managed to order 2 sets for collection at my nearest store. I'm just waiting for the confirmation they're in stock, or that they cancel my order 'cos they don't have them

I get mine from Euro Carparts, £6 for 4 with free postage.

Hi Stephen,

the plugs are essentially the same.

However the BPR has a built in resistor to help RFI.

If your car does not have suppressed leads then it will require the BPR plugs anyway.

You don;t really want to run BPR plugs if you already have the suppressed leads. But it doesn;t make a great deal of difference.

The difference in performance between the two plugs is very minimal. But it would be good practice to use the same in each location.

Roger

I managed to order 2 sets for collection at my nearest store. I'm just waiting for the confirmation they're in stock, or that they cancel my order 'cos they don't have them

Picked up the two sets earlier. Thanks for the heads up OP

• 4 weeks later...