If anybody else knows of something better post it up.

Mick Richards

......plenty of rust and interesting door gaps , oil and water patches under the car- puts most people off.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

+1 For Disklok.

I have had one for years, like you say if they want the car then they will try what ever they can but this will be again a bu@@er to remove, Ive had mine in the 6 since i bought her.

fits nicely behind the passenger seat ;)

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=CO6yh5PGg9QCFYk_Gwody-IGGg

;):D

Edited by Clarkey

A friend recently had a superb E Type Coupe stolen. His pride and joy.

SOme police advice he received was to turn the wheels on lock and fit a disklok. Hard to tow away as well like that.

A friend recently had a superb E Type Coupe stolen. His pride and joy.

SOme police advice he received was to turn the wheels on lock and fit a disklok. Hard to tow away as well like that.

I already have the Disklok, but hadn't thought about turning the wheels to full lock. Great tip, thanks Mal.

Hi Mike,

thanks for that.

I bought a disclock ages ago and the first outing of it took a great chunk of leather off my Motalita grip = grrrrrr.

The Stoplock from Halfords is as convenient as a Krooklock - but unlike the Krooklock it does a proper job.

Roger

AND it has a tantilising red flashing light - just like a disco.

Roger

Roger,

I am afraid that the ordinary Stoplock (with or without flashing light) is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. In the AE test, they released it in 5 seconds - and you can see it being done on YouTube as well.

Mike

Roger I think it apples to all devices that rely on 'tube locks'

Edit just found this

Edited by Graham

....Bu99er..........

Roger

cheapest one I could find http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stoplock-Professional-Pro-Steering-Wheel-Lock-Anti-Theft-Thatcham-Cat-3-Approved-/262998101997?hash=item3d3be88fed:g:0CwAAOSwi7RZIthJbeware listings that state 'pro' but are in fact the 'standard' item there are also a few 'pro's going s/H a lot cheaper

Could you turn it the other way so that the lock is facing the dash. It would make it a bit harder.

Dave

Hi Dave,

no you cant do that.

The long arm that sticks down has a kink in it.

When in position the arm covers the horn and then goes behind the wheel rim. This secures the nut of the wheel.

I'm trying to think of a way to secure the key hole.

Roger

I'm a big fan of the Disklok, having bought it soon after I got my car and doing a fair bit of research beforehand. However, I'd agree that it is heavy, takes a bit of time to fit and is a pain to carry around. In the second of the videos posted above, the guy makes a good point when he talks about layers of security. It's a case of the more the better. All these obstacles we are talking of here are only aimed at deterring the non-professional thief, in the hope of making them move on to the next person's car.

Edited by TR5tar

Does anybody know if a Disklok will fit on a sidescreen steering wheel.......it looks a tad too small?

Cheers

Iain

Edited by iain

HI all I have a Nightstick which has worked fine for years,dont know how they rate amongst the rest but when fitted has a flashing light and if knocked or moved without first de arming it it gives out the most weird ear piercing sound I have heard it actually does something to your senses in your head for a few moments till you de activate or get the hell out of its way I think similar sound to what's used at Guantanamo for interrogation,anyway's quick look on ebay and there going for peanuts. Cheers Martin

Ps its a great size and shape to shove where the sun don't shine if you catch the thieving bu$$ers.

HI all I have a Nightstick which has worked fine for years,dont know how they rate amongst the rest but when fitted has a flashing light and if knocked or moved without first de arming it it gives out the most weird ear piercing sound I have heard it actually does something to your senses in your head for a few moments till you de activate or get the hell out of its way I think similar sound to what's used at Guantanamo for interrogation,anyway's quick look on ebay and there going for peanuts. Cheers Martin

Ps its a great size and shape to shove where the sun don't shine if you catch the thieving bu$$ers.

Do you have a link for one Martin?

Stuart.

Best I can do Stuart.

Dave

If you can't find the security stick in your area, contact Kraco Enterprises, 505 E. Euclid Ave., Compton, Calif. 90222; in California, (213) 639-0666; outside California, (800) 421-1910.

Here's a second hand one for sale in the US on Ebay ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Kraco-KMS-005-Anti-Theft-Steering-Wheel-Lock-Nightstick-Autobar-/263008252843?hash=item3d3c8373ab:g:8wcAAOSww5hZKwG0

Not much of a description unfortunately.

Yes I know, found that one straight away but no sign of others over here hence why I asked.

Stuart.