Hi Justin.

Can you post some pictures once you've got the holes drilled. I'm yet to get under mine but I'm pretty sure it looks the same as yours.

Good luck, Mark.

Hi Justin,

ref the first pic - there appears t be a slot half way along the lower edge just where a hole should be.

Have you actually got the holes but they are bunged up with sealant.

Roger

No I think its had a right angle piece put in all the way front to back, you can see a seam along the underside of the floor a couple of inches in. Whoever did it did a good job just a shame they didnt introduce any drain holes or swaged in slots.

On original 4/4a inner sills BTW there isnt any slotted holes in the top so if your going in from there you will need to drill some

Stuart.

Whoever did it did a good job just a shame they didnt introduce any drain holes or swaged in slots.

Stuart.

TRBitz.......

Maybe they were relying on the capitive nuts for the lower wing mountings to allow water to escape when I brake and floor it?!

I've one 16mm hole drilled into the side of the sill under the carpet in line with the front of the front seats, I have about 2' of pipe on my wax gun so should be able to reach both end caps from there.

All,

Is it my imagination, but when Waxoyl was known as “Finnegans waxoyl” didn’t they used to claim that you could spray it on your apple trees to kill green fly?

If so how did they make such discovery?
(This is a serious question --- I’m not mad…)

Charlie D

All,

Is it my imagination, but when Waxoyl was known as “Finnegans waxoyl” didn’t they used to claim that you could spray it on your apple trees to kill green fly?

If so how did they make such discovery?

(This is a serious question --- I’m not mad…)

Charlie D

No, it was woolly aphid. Gardeners have used grease and similar since Victorian times (possibly longer) to kill the little beasties by suffocating them, so it's a fair bet that Waxoyl would do the same.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for that!

"Woolly aphid" not "Green fly".

Nice to know my memory is still (almost) OK.

So not only will your TR not go rusty, it will also not suffer from a woolly aphid attack.

Charlie D