Who's visiting Jabbeke / MVC575 reunion next week ?

Hope it's back together in time :wacko:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day ,bad day
Today we attended the local Wallingford car rally with over 350 cars , on the good side we won car of the day, a wonderful result ,unfortunately on the way home the Bonnet catch failed ,oops bulkhead and bonnet badly damaged,only a week till my next engagement ,late nights ahead ,only two weeks till we are back in Jabbeke

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob.
Edited by Lebro

Hope it's back together in time :wacko:

Bob.

According to the facebook page of Glen the car is already finished after the damages...

Damaged bulkhead and bonnet nearly done ,will defiantly be at Jabbeke on 19 th 20th may for reunion,full itinerary now on TR register web site Glen

993571_516759878502022_11316308464408884
Jabbeke TR2 MVC 575 Painted lat night,left in booth overnight,flat and polish later on ,re fit everything inc tonneau ready for an event on Saturday

so, no worries yet

Edited by EdwinTiben

Coming from the Netherlands:

Over the last few years, I've been to the Belgian Coast many times when my son had a sailing regatta in Nieuwpoort. Coming from the Netherlands, it is easier to follow the Dutch roads via Roosendaal - Bergen op Zoom and then take the A4 towards Antwerp = the western route through the tunnel where you have to pay toll. The 'normal' route into Antwerp, the FoC eastern route, is always busy and full of traffic. And the tunnel is much longer and congested. Not something you want to experience in a topless TR.

Just a suggestion.

Sadly I will have to be present at an another sailing venue very much opposite of Jabbeke (in this case the German northern coast) for a regatta. I hope you'll enjoy your stay near the Belgian coast. Personally I love it there! The hospitality is great!

i don't know if there's something like 'Windfinder' in the UK. This weather forecast site is very accurate and is refreshed 3x/day. Current forecast mentions SUN, and ideal temperatures! https://nl.windfinder.com/forecast/oostende

I suppose the extra drag from a pair of bonnet straps would have hurt the Vmax potential on 20th May 1953.

Tim

Nice ones Edwin! A good start of browsing through some filled photopages, I hope!

Edit: rewatching the pics on my MacBook and not my phone: interestingly, MCV appears to be narrower than your car Edwin! I am certain that it can't be, so it must be the slighter darker shade and/or the absence of bumpers on MVC(?)

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Nice ones Edwin! A good start of browsing through some filled photopages, I hope!

Edit: rewatching the pics on my MacBook and not my phone: interestingly, MCV appears to be narrower than your car Edwin! I am certain that it can't be, so it must be the slighter darker shade and/or the absence of bumpers on MCV(?)

Menno

Its not smaller, it certainly looks that way, without bumpers, spats and metal tonneau !

The color is a bit darker than my ice blue. we know both shades were original. in bright sun, you couldnt tell the difference, but in shade of evening light, it was a bit more greenish.

Quite a tour to get into the car ! Ken R. was a small man ;)

18556600_1396862840351955_29157878239977

Looks good on you Edwin! For me it would be very difficult to choose between your car's colour and MVC's! I like both shades. In fact, this whole range of colours - even the little crate's colour is a colour I like! It certainly oozes the 50s. Remarkable that Triumph discontinued this colour in later years. One would think that -as an echo of the Jabbeke record- this colour would have been available for all later 2,3 and 3As.

M

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Looks good on you Edwin! For me it would be very difficult to choose between your car's colour and MVC's! I like both shades. In fact, this whole range of colours - even the little crate's colour is a colour I like! It certainly oozes the 50s. Remarkable that Triumph discontinued this colour in later years. One would think that -as an echo of the Jabbeke record- this colour would have been available for all later 2,3 and 3As.

M

i think it was a decision based on demand.. like the geranium, olive yellow, the ice blue wasnt a "cool" color.. so it was dropped after the first thousand+. on request perhaps.

More details and a video on the homepage now:

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2017/05/0104/Land-speed-record-breaking-Triumph-TR2-returns-to-Jabbeke

Also be sure to pick up a copy of this week's Classic Car Weekly newspaper which features the story in detail.

More details and a video on the homepage now:

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2017/05/0104/Land-speed-record-breaking-Triumph-TR2-returns-to-Jabbeke

Also be sure to pick up a copy of this week's Classic Car Weekly newspaper which features the story in detail.

Wayne,

Again very nice meeting you all and we had a fantastic weekend with such a special car and entourage !