Restoration nearly finished

Good and not so good news Nige, what a bummer. I have the gearbox that came out of my live axle 4A here it's non overdrive though, unfortunately it's also untested and has some holes in the bell housing which would not affect its performance. You are welcome to it for cost of shipping to you if it's of any use.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the offer I appreciate that.Think I will have to go with one that's tested though as this will be the third time box has been pulled out over last year.its just one of those things didn't want to drive car before anywhere as not insured etc.

Regards

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan

Not sure to be honest.the car never had an engine with it when brought it.i was offered a tr3 block with good crank etc at right price and had a spare low port head so fitted that.i managed to buy set of H4 carbs and inlet manifold from harrogate few years back.

Nige

• 3 weeks later...

Well having replaced the gearbox with overdrive unit thought I would be finally on the road and heading for Malvern in few weeks time.not a chance the diff needs rebuilding now as think bearing is badly worn at flange end.sounds bloody awfull clattering noise.actually got the car mot and registered as well so was all ready to go.pissed off is an understatement.think that's it for this year now.

Nige

Well having replaced the gearbox with overdrive unit thought I would be finally on the road and heading for Malvern in few weeks time.not a chance the diff needs rebuilding now as think bearing is badly worn at flange end.sounds bloody awfull clattering noise.actually got the car mot and registered as well so was all ready to go.pissed off is an understatement.think that's it for this year now.

Nige

Contact GT6M on this Forum,Marcus should be able to get you sorted before Malvern.