TR3A rolling chassis (with a perk) on eBay UK

Interesting mod on the gearbox mount, note the engine mount strengtheners not often found.

Stuart.

Interesting mod on the gearbox mount, note the engine mount strengtheners not often found.

Stuart.

Do you need some? I have a few somewhere. There was also a bigger version for the original box shaped gearbox mount. - No use today of course - just fill the mount with polyurethane siko-snot.

Peter W

Do you need some? I have a few somewhere. There was also a bigger version for the original box shaped gearbox mount. - No use today of course - just fill the mount with polyurethane siko-snot.

Peter W

Thanks for the offer Pete, yes I would if you could find 4.

Stuart.

Thanks for the offer Pete, yes I would if you could find 4.

Stuart.

There were no engine mount steady brackets on my car and I was surprised to find that you can still get them new from the usual sources. Part number 106428. Around $8 each.

Stan

Stuart.

Stuart , educate me please, which/where are the engine mount strengtheners you refer to?

Thanks

Iain

Ah!

Thanks Stan, I have those. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Iain

They are very often missing as they can be a bit of a pig to fit back on a built car.

Stuart.

Ah!

Thanks Stan, I have those. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Iain

I have now, until I read this I didn't even know they were 'a thing' or that mine were missing, but once I did I had to have them ! :D…what a PITA to fit

But....are they needed?

Probably not :D

They do stop distortion of the mounting in hard use, too much distortion continually will destroy the mount quicker than normal.

Stuart.