Finding out the TRs history

DVLA should be able to provide previous owners, Heritage should be able to provide the original build spec, Derek (TR6 registrar) may be able to share what 'club' history the car has, thats all I can think of sure others will be able to add to list

Thanks Graham,

How does the Heritage thing work?

Like this: http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/store/heritage-certificates-and-archive-services/heritage-certificates/car-traced-with-chassis-number.html

you may ask for the expanded package with tech specs if you wish but these are generic info which you'll find elsewhere for free...

Edited by Geko

Steve,

Fill a DVLA V888 and send £5 off and the DLVA will send you Photo copies of all the V5 info they have on micro film. I was the best £5 that I have spent in a long time? I got 27 copies when I did this the last time on a BSA motor cycle. They go back to 1976 when V5's were first issued, from this I was able to speak to some of the original owners? It all adds to the history of your car. You may find that some have some of the original paperwork or photos that they did not pass on to the next owner, as was the case with me.

Bruce.

That all works if it is a UK car. If it's a re-import from the US that part of its history is harder to find. Our cousins over the Pond are more reticent about divulging a vehicle's history.........