headlight motors

I have spent ages trying to get the N/S headlight to lift.The motor is ok because I have swappedit to the O/S wiring loom and it works fine.Both the relays are working because Ive swapped them over.I have checked all connections,cleaned all the earths and removed the switch,cleaned the contacts etc.The light circuit is fine it just will not lift.Is there anything between the relay and the plug connectors on the motor that can be cutting it out?I have 12v output on one of the single connectors but nothing on the 3 way plug or the other single connector.That suggests that it is switched by an earth connection like some early Fords.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.Steve.

There are a number of plugs/sockets in the loom between the headlight switch and the motor plug. These plugs/sockets are located on the left hand side under the dash , by the fuse box and under the dummy radio grill on the top of the dash. There is also a diode located under the dummy radio speaker grill which is part of the highlight circuit.

A high proportion of the electrical problems on the TR7 are caused by corrosion in these plugs/sockets. It's a good idea to clean these out and grease them to stop any more corrosion.

Disconnect the battery when working on the plugs and sockets.

Dave