Tr4/Tr4a door seals - ones that fit?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a supplier that has Tr4/Tr4a style rubber door seals that actually fit?

There has been an ongoing discussion on a US Triumph forum about the sorry state of the seals available in the US by Moss and The Roadster Factory, among others. Apparently the seals that are offered are too thick and dense. As a result it is very difficult to close the doors. One person contacted Rimmer Bros, and was advised to use seals from a Tr6. While these do work very well, they do not cover all of the seal rails present on the Tr4/Tr4a door openings, making the car look unfinished.

Has anyone found a supplier on that side of the pond, that offers correct Tr4/Tr4a door seals that fit correctly?

Thanks

Jim

Moss UK are now doing the correct rubber seal having been too large for some years.

Stuart.

Hi Jim,

I bought TRF seals two or three years ago and they appear to have fitted nicely.

Although they have a soft sponge for the seal area they have quite a hard foot which makes fitting much easier.

Roger.

If your not going to go with the original 2 piece seal then use this one instead as its very similar to the later TR6 original type and will at least allow you to shut the door without too much slamming. http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1285-door-seal.aspx

Stuart.

On my 4A I used the Woolies 266A door seal. This is somewhat more substantial than the one Stuart recommends and when I first fitted it I had to set both doors out a little to avoid having to slam them too hard to close. As the seal compressed I was able to progressively adjust the doors inwards until finally the edges were flush with the rear wings. the doors bow close nicely with one finger and the seal is excellent. 6 metres was sufficient to do the job, including the Surrey back light frame.

Tim