Starting My TR250 Restoration

Tush, I had no idea that you had a TR250 squirreled away. Once you get to the engine it would be interesting to know how those Weber's are configured and what you find for compression ratio and cam. Good luck with this new project and I'll look forward to following the progress on YouTube.

Stan

Thanks Stan!

Yeah, I squirreled it away in 2011. Been waiting patiently to get to it. I figured with it being its 50th Anniversary, now was the time! Just wish I had thought of that a little earlier :D

I wanted to have 1 of each TR body style and have accomplished that at least! Now, I need to go by the numbers....I need a 2, 4, 7 (wondering if I would need a 5 too...)

I am also out of storage space!

Cheers

Tush

Edited by M. Pied Lourd

Thanks Stan!

Yeah, I squirreled it away in 2011. Been waiting patiently to get to it. I figured with it being its 50th Anniversary, now was the time! Just wish I had thought of that a little earlier :D

I wanted to have 1 of each TR body style and have accomplished that at least! Now, I need to go by the numbers....I need a 2, 4, 7 (wondering if I would need a 5 too...)

I am also out of storage space!

Cheers

Tush

Since you have over achieved with the TR3's you could swap one for something else. I would go for a long door TR2 so you have fully represented the major body designs and forget the TR7 since you have the TR8 and forget the TR5 since with the mods you have on the TR250 it is halfway to a TR5 anyway.

Stan

Since you have over achieved with the TR3's you could swap one for something else. I would go for a long door TR2 so you have fully represented the major body designs and forget the TR7 since you have the TR8 and forget the TR5 since with the mods you have on the TR250 it is halfway to a TR5 anyway.

Stan

I have an aversion to owning a long door TR2 as I don't think that I would be a good Steward. I think a long door is rare enough that is should be preserved and restored back to the condition as it came from the factory. I don't think that I would enjoy it as much as I would want to make some modifications that would take away from it IMO. I'll leave the long doors for others. I'll just admire it when they are done!

Cheers

Tush

Edited by M. Pied Lourd

I'd already watched the first three instalments Tush, although I have to say I was enjoying the work you were doing on the 59 3A before you suddenly mothballed it.

Best of luck with the restoration against the clock and I will be following along.

Sean

Hi Sean ,

Yes, sorry for the quick change...the 59 was going to be put on the back burner anyway as I was planning on bringing home my 73 6 and 60 TR3A to get them ready for the driving season. We will get back to the 59 in October if all goes to plan....

Thanks for watching.

Cheers

Tush

Hi Stan.

The frame is most definitely shot...ill show the bottom once I get it flipped over. The floors look to be pretty good as are the inner sills. The problem is, the outer sill has been welded in poorly and the fit of the fenders is horrible. The stick out of the sill below the door is non existent on one end and huge on the other. I'm not sure if I will be able to fix this by just chaging the outer sills...the inner structure may have also been replaced poorly as well....we shall see!

Cheers

Tush