Electric fan

Hi all,

As new on this forum I would like to ask you for some help.

it's how to connect a extra fan with thermo switch and overrule switch, connected trough a relais.

Have you the idee that this way is correct and were does the + come from? I suppose the + to 30 comes directly from the battery but were can I get the + to the switches from?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Harrie

post-14833-0-91601900-1490442187_thumb.jpg

Hi Harrie,

you can join all three +V's together and take them from the battery side of the starter solenoid

This will supply power even when the ignition is off - so the fan will run until the thermo switch cuts out.

Otherwise take the thermo and override switch power from the ignition side of the electrics - this will then cut out when the ignition is off.

Keep the fan power connected to the solenoid as above

It may be a good idea to have a warning light on the switch

Roger

Edited by RogerH

May I ask why your doing this? I understand the technical why's, but do you in any way feel this is a steady road to modernising the car and it then losing it 'classicness'?

I in an odd way like the old concept . .