Hi

new here so please bear with me.

How close should matching numbers be for Tr6.

I thought it was around 200, but i have had a guy selling a tr6 emailed numbers around 2000 digits out,

chassis number 7@@@@ engine number 5@@@@.He swears he has confirmation from Gadon they match build records.Any help appreciated

Just checked mine and it was 150 out but have no idea if that is typical

Hi

new here so please bear with me.

How close should matching numbers be for Tr6.

I thought it was around 200, but i have had a guy selling a tr6 emailed numbers around 2000 digits out,

chassis number 7@@@@ engine number 5@@@@.He swears he has confirmation from Gadon they match build records.Any help appreciated

Dan

What year is the car?

Can anyone explain the meaning of matching numbers?

My 1973 CR car,heritage cert, Chassis No CR 1067-0 Engine No CR 961-HE

Can the car claim to have matching numbers?

Many Thanks

Malcolm.

"Matching numbers" refers to the fact your chassis number and engine number match the original build sheet from Triumph, or the Heritage Certificate which is based on those build sheets. It doesn't necessarily (particularly with Triumph) mean your chassis and engine numbers are the same.

I see you have a Heritage certificate so just check the engine number and chassis plate against the details on here and if they match, Bingo, you have a matching numbers car.

So for example, my TR3 is "matching numbers" according to the heritage certificate, but the engine number is 234 over my chassis number because Triumph used to flog a few engines here and there to Morgan etc.

Edited by rhino_mac

dantom 44,

I think it highly unlikely that a CP75000 series TR6 will have been built by the factory with a CP50000 series engine. We have none in the records where this is an original factory build. I suggest that you ask him to copy you the correspondence from Gaydon. If you don't want to publish the commission number on the forum send me an email to saffrontr6@btinternet.com and I will check if we have any details on file.

cheers

Derek

TR6 registrar

I don't wish to side track this thread but reading this with interest as set me wondering, can anybody tell me why I've got nothing recorded on my TR6 Heritage certificate against items -

3. The Engine No.

4. The Body No.

7. Date of Build.

Date of Dispatch was 24 April 1975. to British Leyland Motors Inc, Detroit, USA.

Cheers, H.

Edited by hman

I have seen this happen before especially with the early TR6's (1969 model). If there was a slight fault with the engine which needed attention then that engine was held back evidently for sorting out/repair, then when presumed sound and sorted was re-introduced to the build process. Walter Petchey's ex. Mimosa TR6 is a CR car which had an engine problem early doors and that engine was replaced with a CP type by the factory!

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I've emailed you about my number Derek