Steel Wheel refurb in South..Any recommendations

Before I fit new tyres to my TR6 I would like to get the standard steel wheels refurbed/painted are there any companies in the south that anybody has used recently and can recommend?

It's not difficult to do it yourself . . . . . degreaser, wire brush, sandpaper, a file perhaps, deruster, thinners, rattle cans of primer and silver.

Most refurbishers will be looking to powder coat . . . . . TR6 wheels are bad enough for warpage anyway, without putting them in an oven.

Cheers

Alec

Interesting changed my original steels for Minilites, they really do look so much better, I reckon the steels looked very clunky.

Didn't know the steels had quality problems,now I have another reason to change them. :)

TRy Bulldog Blasting in Ringmer in Sussex. He will remove all surface coatings with glass bead blasting.He has a spray facility to coat in a zinc primer and then top coat of your choice.

He does a very good job and often takes on major contracts. 01273 814144. Is not always available to answer because he is in the workshop.

Good luck,

Richard & H.

Edited by Richardtr3a

Go to Spit & Polish in Tonbridge, Kent, 01732 367771. They are the main wheel re-furber in the SE and do 1000's of wheels per annum and warranty their work. Does not matter if its steel or alloy!

Bruce.

Hi Jogger

you can also try "Curtis" base in borough green just off m26 look on cspfacebook shot blasting and refurbishment he does a good job for the right money call 07876 595209 and speak to him worth a call

hope this helps

Bluebob

+1 for Spit n Polish in Tonbridge who did a great job on my rims. They were also able to paint the centre caps to match the rims offering a range of finishes and brightness. The work was completed two years ago and they still look perfect so very pleased.

Regards, Peter

Hi Jogger,

today I have collected some bits for the company I work for, from MJK Group at Charlwood near Gatwick. Had a good look at his set up and a nice long chat to the owner. Very impressed and will be using him for my TR6 bits.

Regards,

James