Main bearings 4 cylinder engine

Does anyone have a set of +20 Main bearings of a reputable make (Glacier/Vandervell) they could sell me please.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, if all else fails try Basil Adams a College Prof.(basiladams@yahoo ... I think) in the States who as bought up the entire Universe's supply of Vandervell bearings, not cheap by any means but he's bound to have what you want.

Cheers Rob

OK thanks, this side of the pond would be more useful but you never know.

Stuart.

Does anyone have a set of +20 Main bearings of a reputable make (Glacier/Vandervell) they could sell me please.

Stuart.

The implication here being that other bearings are less than ideal?

Is that the case?

Iain

Hi Stuart,

If you can't find what you're ultimately looking for then give http://aclperformance.com.au/ a try, they come highly recommended and they supply race quality bearings for our TRs, though I'm quite sure you'll have heard of them already.

Regards,

Richard.

Thanks for that Richard, again something a bit closer to home would be nice. Isnt it funny that there is a dearth of any decent bearings in the country these engines originated from!

Stuart.

Thanks for that Richard, again something a bit closer to home would be nice. Isnt it funny that there is a dearth of any decent bearings in the country these engines originated from!

Stuart.

Yep

As you will find NLA :(

Agreed Stuart,

Though I'm fairly confident they have a UK stockist as my preferred machine shop manage to supply them to me (for both TR & non-TR engines) within a matter of days, http://www.agra-eng.co.uk/ , surely worth a quick call in the morning, ask for Jonathan, helpful fella!

Regards,

Richard.

Thats great Richard thanks I will give them a call.

Stuart.

There's a set of +20 Vandervells in Canada on Ebay No. 37165446845 if you fancy those. I've had bearing sets come through customs with no charges before now.

Cheers Rob

Not cheap though!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NOS-Vandervell-Main-Bearings-020-Triumph-TR3-TR3A-TR4-TR4A-Morgan-4-/371654468645?hash=item5688552425:g:A1gAAOSwv0tVeLuq&vxp=mtr

Graeme

Says he only ships to US and Canada and doesnt respond to messages

Stuart.

To close this off I managed to get a set of AE mains from Racetorations and Alec came up with a set of big ends more suitable for a 4a engine as it turns out the ones I had were for a TR2 early TR3 engine.

Stuart.

Stuart -

Good to know you got it sorted.

I have a 2-3 sets of NOS - from way back - stored

somewhere in the UK.

Will PM you when I find them to see if you would

like to have them in stock.

I think they are mains and big ends, both +10 thou.

Plus some thrust washers.

AlanR

Stuart -

Good to know you got it sorted.

I have a 2-3 sets of NOS - from way back - stored

somewhere in the UK.

Will PM you when I find them to see if you would

like to have them in stock.

I think they are mains and big ends, both +10 thou.

Plus some thrust washers.

AlanR

Thanks Alan, mind its a long time since Ive seen a crank that only needs a 10thou cut!

Stuart.

To close this off I managed to get a set of AE mains from Racetorations and Alec came up with a set of big ends more suitable for a 4a engine as it turns out the ones I had were for a TR2 early TR3 engine.

Stuart.

Told you so :P empty wallet then :lol:

Told you so :P empty wallet then :lol:

Not cheap true but needs must as you know it will get hard use.

Stuart.