IRS Differential Mounting Washer Size

Can someone please confirm the size of the washer which holds the rubber mount in place on the diff pin - it's part number 134234.

I think it is 3/8 diameter bolt size by 2 3/8" overall diameter ( ie about 60mm) by 4mm thick but would appreciate confirmation.

Would metric M10 x 60mm work ( assuming they are available)?

Cheers

Rich

Can someone please confirm the size of the washer which holds the rubber mount in place on the diff pin - it's part number 134234.

I think it is 3/8 diameter bolt size by 2 3/8" overall diameter ( ie about 60mm) by 4mm thick but would appreciate confirmation.

Would metric M10 x 60mm work ( assuming they are available)?

Cheers

Rich

Yes if you can get the correct thickness - it is probably 3 mm thick

see

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/rear-axle-b62f33.html

Thanks for everyone's input so far - the only place I could find any measurements was on Revington's site, but I think this was for an uprated washer and I got the 4mm thickness from their last measurement of "0.157" which I assumed was in inches , and converts to nearly 4mm.

I'm fully aware these are available from the normal suppliers, but the car I'm restoring came in bits and I'm trying to sort out the box of nuts and washers - bearing in mind some suppliers are quoting well in excess of £3 each, which I know this isn't a lot in the overall game plan, but by the time you add in postage etc, it soon adds up - if I can use something I already have, then it makes sense to do so!

There are some large washers in my box which appear to be 21/2 or maybe 2 5/8" in diameter which look very similar in size the the round engine mounting plate, but according to the parts book, the spacer plate for the engine mounting is the same part number as the diff washer, so they must be for something else or from something else!

Plenty to think about!

cheers Rich

Rich,

I measured my new rings:

Thickness 3.9 mm (4 mm).

Outer diameter: 60 mm (2 3/8").

I don't think the rings are hardened.

The nuts are std nyloc nuts, 3/8 UNF.

Cheers,

Waldi

Hi Rich, where are you, if UK then you may get used ones from TRGB, TRShop or TRBitz.

You could wait until you need some other bits and just add to order avoiding extra postage.

Chris

Edited by potts4a

Waldi - thanks for the dimensions which accords with Revingtons sizes on their website - I'm just not quite sure whether uprated ones are 4mm thick, whereas standard ones are 3mm

Chris - I'm not far from you in Colchester, so can and do use all the suppliers you mention - I was really trying to get confirmation on size so I could identify them in my box of bits - haven't gone through all my boxes yet but have found 2 and some even larger diameter ones as mentioned in my earlier post.

Whats really annoying is that I was at Stoneleigh last weekend and could probably have picked some up then ( assuming I need any!), but didn't find this issue till beginning of the week - trying to be on top of all the parts requirements at the right time during a rebuild is always a challenge - well it is for me!

Cheers

Rich