TR2 Rear deck repair panels

Hi all

Is there anybody out there who makes a repair panel for the rear deck on a side screen car? More specifically the ends with double curve which meet the rear quarter panels?

If these are not available, does anyone have a used rear deck which isn't damaged/rotten at the ends?

Any help gratefully received

Adrian

AFIK There is no repair sections available for that and the only deck I have needs the ends too!

Stuart.

Hi Adrian,

is this the panel you are after - ~48 http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/body-chassis/body-panels/rear-body-floor-panels-tr2-3a.html

This company may be able to help http://www.radfordpanel.com/triumph.htm

They did a good repair for me a couple of years ago and a have a big inventory list.

Roger

All

Thanks for all the responses.

Stuart - I thought that would be the case, it seems a common area to rot. Thanks for all your help/advice when you spoke to my body shop guys at Midland paintwerks yesterday. Very much appreciated.

Tom - The car is having a full body resto at a local body shop, The panel is very good apart from the end sections, making them will be last resort.

RogerH - Yes the complete panel is No48 (NCA). Thanks for the other link I will give them a try.

Regards

Adrian

In the late 1980's C&B commisioned the remake of tools to press the TR2/3 rear deck by Martin Elvins (who worked in the press shop area at the back of David Manners Oldbury)

Here is a photo of the 'male' tooling half just before the 'female' part was mated to it with pillars and bushes for alignment - It was cheap tooling that was never expected to last more than 50 - 100 ops.

Peter W

PS I have absolutely no idea if the tooling still exists. Moss could ask and search at David Manners as a kick off. I would guess the tooling to have something like 900475 or 900475RP written on it to identify.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT