Dash Top and Crash Pads

Thanks for the TR Shop recommendations.

Any ideas on fitting costs?

That would rather depend on how easily the screen frame comes off and the condition of it when its removed. The lower crash pads dont take long to replace.

Stuart.

• 1 month later...

Slightly resurrecting a oldish thread...

I have to post that I wont be using the TR shop for anything that I have to purchase not would I recommend them to anyone on here based on a phone call not 5 mins ago.

Rude, uninterested and when I've politely asked them why their postage costs were double (190 GBP vs 300+ GBP for the same items @ Moss/Rimmers) it all got a bit too hard (gave the excuse of being a small outfit to which I agreed and offered that I was simply giving feedback if they wanted to attract us people overseas) and when I asked for just the grommet set..tutted down the phone at me when I worked out what would be the cheaper option.

To put it in context...well over 1000 GBP of interior bits initially but due to their overly inflated shipping costs I decided to use Moss/Rimmers. Their sole effort to date is an e-mail and a shipping approximation. Hardly climbing mount Everest was it?

I even asked the on the phone if they wanted my business to which they replied ' well..err...yeah weve got alot on so i s'pose so'

So..here for prosperity...No thanks TR Shop London...you can jam it.....even if it is the better option.

Just some feedback for potential customers.

Interesting feedback that Andrew as I have dealt with them for 25yrs and had no problem at all.

Stuart.

I assume we all have mixed experiences with our valued vendors. My last contact with TR shop was similar to Andrews experience, unfortunately, so I ordered from Moss, and am pleased with the quality of the parts I installed so far.

But never say never, it's a too small world.

Regards,

Waldi

Andrew,

Are we talking about air freight v sea freight here because there is always a big difference? What shipping agent are they using? As you live in Australia, you could always get TNT to pick up as they are only just down the road from the TR Shop or Moss!

Regards,

Bruce.

Hi Stuart,

This is just my recent experience with them.

It in no way shape or form reflects on you or on any dealings you have with them. It's just my personal feedback to the members on here...

I have absolute respect for you, your opinion and the companies you recommend..It was why I called them in the first place.

I was more gobsmacked with their attitude and rudeness. Anyone would think they didn't run a business where people would be calling up for TR parts..Anyway.. no skin off my nose...If they don't want my business then so be it. I'd just can't recommend them based on my experience.

Cheers

Hi Bruce,

No idea other than Moss and Rimmers use FedEx and UPS and the parts I needed ended up here in less than 6 days with them.

Saying that however..I wasn't after speed..Or even who they use..I simply let them know that based on 2 consignments (to keep the duty I pay to a minimum) their shipping quote was double..I didn't blast them or anything..After all its my money and I'll spend it where I want.

Then..Today when I called them about just the grommet kit I get the rude and CBF treatment hence my feedback.

Anyway..No point in dwelling..I have a body tub to paint this weekend. Exciting!

Edited by AndrewP

Andrew,

I am surprised that you are paying duty on all items shipped to Australia because in my day when we shipped to Aus, the duty rate was 0% to the receipt ant. You are not paying UK VAT are you? as it should be shipped VAT free?

Regards,

Bruce.