Pre scrutineering car check

Hi

I hope to do a couple of sprints and or hillclimbs.

I have been working through the getting started info

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/uploads/2015/11/18/TR-Register-Championship-Getting-Started-2016.pdf

Is there a way of getting the car pre scrutineered

It would be an expensive error to be rejected at an event. Especially if at the other end of the country ?

I'm in Cheshire.

H

If your in roadgoing, provided your car would pass an MOT, has an MOT and is taxed, you have a fire wall, the seat is fixed properly, the seat belts are fitted correctly, you have auxiliary throttle return springs, a timing strut and the correct clothing, there isn't much else that can't be sorted on the day with a bit of help, ingenuity and duct tape!

However if you want to go the second mile in the Blue Book you will find a list of Scrutineers and contact details, some of whom may be happy for a fee? to inspect the car for you.

Alan

Thanks Alan

I believe I have all those boxes ticked and then some.

Fingers crossed

H

Alan's correct Hamish.

It's surprising how many unsealed holes you'll find in the firewall into the engine compartment, we get used to seeing them and our mind blanks them out. Get a small box of solid grommets of all sizes and keep it with you along with the roll of duct tape, the scrutineers are happy enough if they see you fixing something amiss as they point it out, (better if done before but they are normally pretty easy going ).

Mick Richards

And here's me concentrating on the rear fire wall fitting and sealing. ????

For the hillclimbs etc you don't have to rove the carpets do you ?

My next job is a AFFF fire extinguisher.

And here's me concentrating on the rear fire wall fitting and sealing.

For the hillclimbs etc you don't have to rove the carpets do you ?

My next job is a AFFF fire extinguisher.

That's probably one of the better things to get right, not so easy to fix in a rush.

Carpets can remain in place, most road going class competitors leave them fitted.

Cheers all

All very helpful and comforting to know I'm on the right track (pun noted )

H

I am a local council noise monitor !!!!!

It has a proper quiet exhaust system. Officer !!

Edited by Hamish

I am a local council noise monitor !!!!!

It has a proper quiet exhaust system. Officer !!

Then you have a calibrated machine you could bring to IWE so we can all check our exhausts :)

The problem I have is I can pass static tests but when under load the boost comes up, the compression rises and the drive-by meter goes haywire. Have you come across that at VSCC Oulton?

Peter

Hi Peter

I'm afraid that at £5k each they don't let us wander off with the sound level metres.

Static tests are so much more reliable and repeatable. Quite often drive by tests are induction noise

Luckily I don't cover oulton !!

I have a mate on Anglesey and I think they are award winning in devising a noise program for them

https://www.msauk.org/Anglesey-Circuit-wins-MSA-Environmental-Award

Edited by Hamish