Back on the road

My 4A hardly turned a wheel in October or November after we had successfully completed our nineteenth Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability run together. I was away for December and January so jacked the car onto blocks, enough to take load off the tyres without straining the suspension. Since my return on 1st February the weather has been pretty inimical to recommissioning. With the promise of an improvement a couple of days ago I took the car off the blocks, confirmed to my delight that the clutch plate had not stuck and squirted some 20w50 into each plug aperture. Today turned the engine over a few times with a socket wrench on the crank nut. I took the ignition lead off the coil and turned the engine over on the starter until ~50psi oil pressure showed on the gauge. Then it was plugs back in and a start at the third attempt and off for a run. As soon as the engine was well warmed up I gave it some stick and enjoyed a spirited drive back home on some favourite roads. A few minutes behind the wheel were all it took to remind me how much I love this car and have for over 46 years. Now looking forward to Stoneleigh on Sunday.

Tim