Decent 'correct spec' wiring cable supplier

Gents

Wanting to wire in some Halogen headlights/relays on my 6.

I'd like to use the correct colour coding for the new cable runs.

Does anyone know a decent supplier of 17.5 Amp, 2mm sq. 28/0.30 cable in the correct Blue/white and Red/Blue colours??

I really don't want to buy a 50m roll which is all I can find in the Red/Blue!

Also not wanting to buy a full loom just to butcher for parts!

Thanks!

Gents

Wanting to wire in some Halogen headlights/relays on my 6.

I'd like to use the correct colour coding for the new cable runs.

Does anyone know a decent supplier of 17.5 Amp, 2mm sq. 28/0.30 cable in the correct Blue/white and Red/Blue colours??

I really don't want to buy a 50m roll which is all I can find in the Red/Blue!

Also not wanting to buy a full loom just to butcher for parts!

Thanks!

Hi John

I went the Autosparks route using their thinwall cable. I have used them several times and they are are a good company to deal with.

PS will be in touch soon about my old hubs.

John

I've used Auto Electric Supplies Ltd http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/category/10 for many a year. They sell "traditional " as well as the Thin Wall , if

you want to go modern.

All the other stuff you need for installation sold as well.

Bob

These guy are good too. Used them for all the wiring connectors etc to build a complete loom on the lads AH Sprite.

Iain

Dunno about the TR wiring but for the boat you have the option of 'copper' wire or 'tinned' wire. The tinned wire has a silver coating and is a lot more resistant to corrosion (esp in the marine environment.)

I inherited my TR loom and have no idea whether it is tinned or not. Any new/additional wiring required I used the 'tinned'.

Have no idea whether it is important on the TR, when I have to do repairs on old untinned wiring I usually find the wire is black (corroded) for some distance from the join or connection, which does not happen with the tinned wire. Usually find to get the black wire to accept solder I have to use hydrochloric acid, the milder fluxes don't seem to improve things much.