How to get an insurance valuation from the club?

haven't done this in a while but at a recent service I was told I needed to increase my insurance valuation. I have the form (non-TR register) and was wondering if there was someone near or in London who would be a good person to ask? I can't use a garage that has worked on the car.

Many thanks.

Ron

Mark Treadwell in Kent.

Chris Cunnington near Winchester.

Bill Piggott in Ludlow.

Or one of the well-known suppliers to the TR fraternity - Enginuity in Acton, perhaps?

Ian Cornish

Hi

Why are you not able to use the garage that has worked on the car after all they are the people who told you to re assess its value are they not a big enough concern? Last time I had mine done at a local accident repair company that I have known for years, I do admit that I have known the guys since school but they are genuine and experienced in cars of that age..

Phil...

When they exclude someone who has "worked" on the car, I suspect they mean "work" as in a restoration (which obviously could involve some self-interest). If a business has merely done specific work like servicing or minor repairs or adjustments, I can't think they would be excuded.

Geoff