TR2 floor connection to front footwell panel

On my TR3A the front vertical panel of the footwell has a half inch flange that faces into the engine bay, the floor panel slides under it and the two are spot welded together.

The TR2 (1955) seems to have a different arrangement, does the front vertical panel have a flange facing into the tub and the front of the floor pan sits on top of it ?

Stan

On the earlier cars the lower edge of the bulkhead returns under the floor by the same sort of distance 15-20mm.

I think the flange protruding into the arch was a post TS60000 re tool modification?

Edited by iain

All early pre 60K cars had the lower return on the toe-board under the front edge of the floor, its one of the things that make it easier to remove and refit a complete floor pan without lifting the body.

Stuart.

Thanks guys for that detail. I see a TR2 floor replacement in my future as my buddy's TR2 floor is mostly pop riveted galvanized steel patches and is only attached to the frame in a couple of places.

Stan

In that case it will come out easily!

Stuart.

Hi Stan,

Yes, I notice the two different floor fronts when I started working on the 59 that I am working on now compared to the 60 that I just finished. I don't have much to work with as most of the metal has rotted away so I will have to build up the bulkhead metal before fitting the new floor pans.

Cheers

Tush

Hi Stan,

Yes, I notice the two different floor fronts when I started working on the 59 that I am working on now compared to the 60 that I just finished. I don't have much to work with as most of the metal has rotted away so I will have to build up the bulkhead metal before fitting the new floor pans.

Cheers

Tush

We are in the same boat Tush with the bottom few inches of the bulkhead gone. Plus the worry that once we take the floor pans out we will have a better look at the inner sills assuming they dont end up as a pile of rust on the floor..

Stan