Significant TR8 offered for sale

As far as I'm aware this is indeed the real deal.

However, I have difficulty in reconciling the statements

" Surviving in stunning original race condition as it left the race track at its last race the Sebring 12 Hours.

Still with paint, body and mechanics from March 1981. "

with the succeeding comments such as

" Then selling in 2011 to its third owner who undertook a comprehensive restoration.

Completely restored by Intrepid Racing in Sparks, Nevada the summer of 2013.

A full restoration file comes with the car showing a cost close to $200,000. "

Either it is in original condition or it has been restored and is in restored condition to original specification, but I don't see how it can be both at the same time . . . . ? Maybe I'm missing something ?

Bert Smeets made prodigious efforts to retain every, and I do mean every, original component that could possibly be adequately refettled when he restored the TR8 Turbo Le Mans, at a similar ball park cost I might add.

Whilst Bert's car is as close as possible to its original specification as possible, save for the necessary (and mandatory for racing) evolutions in safety equipment, Bert would very firmly distinguish between its restored condition and its former condition . . . . . and can probably tell you every last nut, bolt and washer that was replaced !! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Alec

• 3 months later...