Engine Racing Woes

From Devs last post #23 it can't be a fuel issue as it is now running.

The vac pipe retards the ignition at low revs.

Could it be that the ignition is so retarded that the vac pipe was making it so much so that it wouldn't pick up.

Check the timing.

Roger

Teach me to read earlier entries !

If removing vacuum pipe makes it better, that suggest too rich, as pipe will let air in to carb (although not much I wouldn't have thought)

The vacuum advances ign, so removing it should retard a little - could ign be too far advanced?

I still doubt if it would make that much difference.

Agree, check timing with pipe off, but blanked (sealed). Then re-connect & check again should see a small advance at tickover, & a larger advance at fast idle.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Thanks guys. My engine didn't start at all. So I took off the vacuum advance and it sprang to life. After a few minutes I replaced it. Engine starts and runs without any further issues. Baffles me!

However, all is well that ends well it appears!

Thanks guys. My engine didn't start at all. So I took off the vacuum advance and it sprang to life. After a few minutes I replaced it. Engine starts and runs without any further issues. Baffles me!

However, all is well that ends well it appears!

Might be the moving plate in the disy not operating freely.