Help needed

Nigel, if you are not an originality fan leave them away as they only guide cold air into the footwell. I removed them years ago and only kept the vents on the dash for ventilation.

It also makes work under dash much easier as the space is not obstructed by useless pipes. :)

Have always wondered whether there would be a benefit trying to connect them up to the hot air pipe that goes to the demister vents.. In the end I never feel hot in the car (I just open the window or drop the roof) but I do feel cold. And although the warm air from the bottom of the heater is good it would be good to have the choice to heat your feet and/or your face. Anyone done this?

Tim

Have always wondered whether there would be a benefit trying to connect them up to the hot air pipe that goes to the demister vents.. In the end I never feel hot in the car (I just open the window or drop the roof) but I do feel cold. And although the warm air from the bottom of the heater is good it would be good to have the choice to heat your feet and/or your face. Anyone done this?

Tim

Yes I do it regularly. Blank the front outlets on the heater box as they are the cold outlets and then using a plumbing waste "Y" pipe use the rear outlets to feed the screen and the eyeballs on the dash. Ideal for demisting side windows too.

Stuart.

Great.. when you say Y pipe, what diameter do you use?

Cheers

Tim

The footwell & dash vents are connected with a 'Y' which you will be liberating for re-use to connect demister & dash vents.

Works very well for side window demisting as Stuart mentioned.

Jerry

Great.. when you say Y pipe, what diameter do you use?

Cheers

Tim

Standard plumbing white waste pipe cant remember the size but its very close to the normal flexible pipe ID

Stuart.

OK have picked up two 40 mm y pieces which look like yours for the princely sum of 3 quid for both..

Will play at the weekend.

Cheers

Tim