First time out

A momentous day yesterday I drove the TR for its first Cornish mile, all went reasonably well with the exception of a high reading temp gauge which happened to be incorrect wiring of the voltage stabalizer.

One niggling problem is the indicator repeater in the dash, it works fine without the engine running but with engine running it's very weak to not at all. I can't think what would have that influence. Most of my problems have been electrical so it's no surprise as its not my best subject. Any ideas anyone.

Still one very happy chappie, now for the registration process.

Thanks all

Paul

Congratulations Paul - Really big day!!!!

Best wishes.

Paul.

Awaiting hood, trim and carpets oh and bumpers.

Couple of pics

.post-13797-0-53344900-1484861557_thumb.jpegpost-13797-0-48151500-1484861609_thumb.jpeg

A momentous day yesterday I drove the TR for its first Cornish mile, all went reasonably well with the exception of a high reading temp gauge which happened to be incorrect wiring of the voltage stabalizer.

One niggling problem is the indicator repeater in the dash, it works fine without the engine running but with engine running it's very weak to not at all. I can't think what would have that influence. Most of my problems have been electrical so it's no surprise as its not my best subject. Any ideas anyone.

Still one very happy chappie, now for the registration process.

Thanks all

Paul

Hi Paul, just a though about the indicator repeater on the dash. What you describe sounds like you are getting an earth with the engine stopped, but a voltage applied to both sides of the repeater when charging? This is how the charging light works on the dash, 12v both side of the bulb, no potential difference, so no glow. Might be as Britishbesst suggest an earth or wiring issue, maybe the charging and indicator wires are mixed up or shared as an earth. Drop the earth wire off the repeater and earth to a know source and see.

Mark

Sorry, can't help with the electrics - great looking car though!

Cheers

Allan

Hi Paul, just a though about the indicator repeater on the dash. What you describe sounds like you are getting an earth with the engine stopped, but a voltage applied to both sides of the repeater when charging? This is how the charging light works on the dash, 12v both side of the bulb, no potential difference, so no glow. Might be as Britishbesst suggest an earth or wiring issue, maybe the charging and indicator wires are mixed up or shared as an earth. Drop the earth wire off the repeater and earth to a know source and see.

Mark

Think you may have hit it there Mark, makes sense.

All of my faults have been endured by others on the register, should have read everything before I started this project.

Today has not been according to plan at all, instead of cosmetics I have a clutch problem, didn't show up on my maiden trip, this morning I gave it more beans on a hill (quite steep) and I have clutch slip. Have checked adjustment and also now have a weepy slave cylinder so a few steps backward.

Trying to save a few bob isn't wise at all, the clutch I inspected which seemed almost new, the slave had a seal kit fitted.

The slip has improved somewhat so will leave for awhile in case it's Oil contamination. (Wishful thinking)

Thanks all

Paul

Congratulations - I put mine on the road without any interior, hood and various other luxuries - just focused on MOT & registration - I remember the first drive and the MOT that only needed a headlight re-aligning..

Great times lie ahead!

Thanks Mark, that's my intention getting the MOT and registration, the interior cosmetics can wait awhile, did you have door cards as the handles I think would need to be in place for the MOT.

Also reading your clutch slip thread back in 2011 seems we are running in parallel.

The clutch is annoying as I had the plate in my hand and thought it was good for a few thousand mile, have seen them down on the rivets before slipping.

Mark from post 7 was spot on gave the indicator repeater its independent earth and another fault corrected, thanks Mark.

The power of the forum.

Paul