wanted rear valance complete

Just been informed by Bastuck they are doing the tooling for this part and it will be ready in June/July 2017. It will be very good and will fit. May be a bit late for me

so has any one got a new old stock they want to sell me now. I was very lucky to pick up one for my TR5 twelve years ago so I know they fit.

Regards Harry.

Unfortunately, whilst I have a number of original rear valences, some of which are in perfect condition, I do not have any of the long since unobtainable small panels which extend from an original rear valence up the edge of the rear lamp pockets.

I believe that some of the repro rear valence panels used to also include these small additional panels. These are now unavailable.

I wonder what Bastuck are planning to produce.

David

"I wonder what Bastuck are planning to produce."

Dunno but apparently if it's like their other panels it will be in 20 gauge instead of 18 gauge and too thin :( .

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Unfortunately, whilst I have a number of original rear valences, some of which are in perfect condition, I do not have any of the long since unobtainable small panels which extend from an original rear valence up the edge of the rear lamp pockets.

I believe that some of the repro rear valence panels used to also include these small additional panels. These are now unavailable.

I wonder what Bastuck are planning to produce.

David

Correct the Cox & Buckles rear valances used to include the upper sections just like originals. Those panels were pressed in a rubber press in the UK.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Mick, the panels are 1mm and 18 gauge is 1.2mm I believe. Look do not knock it we are very fortunate that Bastuck has started to produce panels for our cars. What is the alternative, scrap them when panels can not be found anywhere.I know what I would want. I have quite a few panels from Bastuck and appreciate their quality.

We have to get real as companies are now no longer bothered in making new panels for Triumphs as the market is not as big as say MG etc.

Regards Harry

Hi Harry,

I'd misquoted the gauge thickness as it being the correct 18 gauge instead of incorrect 20 gauge thankyou for correcting me, (I've corrected the post) however they panels are what they are. For a highly stressed small panel like this it may be that the 16% reduction in panel thickness is not a problem and as you say better something that looks like the correct panel than nothing at all.

Mick Richards