Instrument panel - unidentified relay

Another Grinnall related question. Does anyone know what this rusty looking item is please? I don't remember it from the strip down but it is attached with a tamper proof screw, a kind I've not come across before so it must have been there all along. It looks sort of proper. It's wired into the dash loom.

post-6061-0-99815000-1478961048_thumb.jpgpost-6061-0-21434300-1478961064_thumb.jpgpost-6061-0-97314800-1478961084_thumb.jpg

Many thanks

Keith

Looks like a voltage stabiliser for the fuel and temp gauge.

Peter W

just reading this thread. You beat me to it. Looks like the setup under a Spitfire's dash. But I am not sure about the wiring's colours. IIRC, the wiring should be green and light green. And I am pretty sure there are only two connectors on the stab. Blue has -normally- to do with the headlights and green/red with the turn signal - correct me if I am wrong...

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Its not a Voltage stabiliser. It the low fuel delay unit. Its triggered by the low fuel switch in the tank and then switches on the low fuel warning light. Once the fuel is getting low it stops the low fuel light blicking on and off as the fuel level slops about.

There are one or two of what I would call modern features on the TR7!

Regards,

Dave

Dave is right, and it's failry easy to confuse with a voltage stabiliser, as it looks identical, except the connectors and colours of the wires.

Dave is right, and it's failry easy to confuse with a voltage stabiliser, as it looks identical, except the connectors and colours of the wires.

Thanks for that info and correction - Peter W