Rocker gasket.

Hi John.

I'm guessing that's the one, I think there is also one that fits in a groove ? My rocker cover is flat so would need a gasket to suit.

Perhaps I'll give them a call.

Thanks for the reply. Mark.

I think i have a 'spare' silicon gasket in the garage if you want it Mark.

I bought from the us when i bought my tr6, but it turned out to have a racetorations rocker cover so i had Darryl make me a new o ring for it.

Happy to post it if its what you need?

Steve

Edited by SDerbyshire

Why no doo as i did,

an mek yer own.

just get some thick rubber,or similar, lay yer box on it.

and use a sharp stanley knife or similar, and cut it oot

then wen thats done, inside can be med as wide as wanted

just by drawing a line to where ye want to cut it, simples

1/2 hour tops

M

Mark I bought 4 of the Wide Gaskets from Rimmers while at Lincoln,they are not as Thick as the narrow ones but I've not had any problem with an Alloy Cover.

Niall,

You buying 4 from Rimmers at Lincoln explains why I could only get 1 instead of the 2 that I wanted, stocks very low!!

I've had leaks over the years from the alloy rocker cover corners with the standard thick gasket as the corners aren't "square" enough for the alloy unit. Without the recess in the standard pressed steel cover to retain the thick gasket they are difficult to seat accurately. They only appear to me to be thick to be able to sit in the recess.

I'm reasonably confident that when I fit the wide, thin one it will be more than adequate.

Dave McD

Niall,

You buying 4 from Rimmers at Lincoln explains why I could only get 1 instead of the 2 that I wanted, stocks very low!!

I've had leaks over the years from the alloy rocker cover corners with the standard thick gasket as the corners aren't "square" enough for the alloy unit. Without the recess in the standard pressed steel cover to retain the thick gasket they are difficult to seat accurately. They only appear to me to be thick to be able to sit in the recess.

I'm reasonably confident that when I fit the wide, thin one it will be more than adequate.

Dave McD

Have Faith they do work.

Hi Steve.

That would be great, PM and I'll sort postage and payment. Let me know what you want.

Thanks again Mark.

I'll have a rummage and see if i can find it Mark!

Steve

I would not go for rubber, years ago I bought a square meter of cork, as I had endless leak problems with a Triumph Tune cover. The cover roundings are different from the cyl.head. So I purchased 2 sheets of different thickness and did cut out the seal to match both surfaces. Never had any problem later on.

Best to glue the cork to the cover with light adhesive before fitting and a little oil or silicone sealer at the bottom side. In so far the cork will stay in place when you fit the cover.

Edited by jean

Hi Steve.

That would be great, PM and I'll sort postage and payment. Let me know what you want.

Thanks again Mark.

Mark, apologies but after much rummaging i cannot find the gasket

I suspect ingave it away previously but forgot !

Steve