removing shipping primer

Hi John

If this is the e-coat primer as applied by BMH then it is extremely good quality and of uniform thickness. Unless you can find a good reason to strip it, i.e surface rust underneath, I'd say leave it and just prep it.

Regards

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits

+1.

I had this decision 25 years ago, Heritage panels. Keyed the black primer with wet and dry, then coated with a cellulose grey sealer primer and then multi cellulose top coats. 25 years later......perfect adhesion. Don't forget the tack rag.

Hope that helps.

+1.

I had this decision 25 years ago, Heritage panels. Keyed the black primer with wet and dry, then coated with a cellulose grey sealer primer and then multi cellulose top coats. 25 years later......perfect adhesion. Don't forget the tack rag.

Hope that helps.

I can vouch for this on Heritage panels. Don't try it on some lesser panels, though. The paint may look similar, but it isn't.

Ed

Always bare metal properly then you know its not going to come back and bite you! Sometimes these panels that are in black electrophoretic arent clean steel to start with!.

Stuart.