Only for older members - rear springs!

Does anyone recall someone (almost certainly a TR reg member) offering uprated TR4A Rear Springs via a news item in the magazine, sometime in 1976. Yes, 1976 - younger folk look away now. The reason is I bought a pair and still have them (unused) in the box they were sent to me and now want to use them!!! I'm trying to find out (a) the technical detail and (B) who sent them to me . . . My only clue is that the gentleman concerned read the Telegraph and the Times and may have lived at no 6! that figure was scrawled on both papers - newspaper round delivery!! anyone have a clue??

Very probably the excellent rear springs offered for a few years in the mid-70s by Clive Roberts - former Triumph suspension engineer, who subsequently went on to greater things with Caterham, Lotus and GM.

As 'fast road' springs go, it probably doesn't get any better . . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Alec, The name Tony Luxton (?) rings in my head as a chap who fitted rear springs in the paddock at Goodwood to IRS TR cars at a TR Reg Sprint in the 1970's. If your lap time was not improved you got your money back.

Peter W