Original headlamps?

I have a very original survivor 1976 TR6 and I believe the headlamps are also original. However, they are not Lucas, they are Tung-Sol. Does anyone know if late TRs came with Tung-Sol lamps?

It is an American export carb car. I've seen photos of this original reference car also 76 and these do not seem to be Lucas but I cannot quite make out a TS logo at the 6:00 position on th lens.

Reference car: http://www.triumphtravelers.org/gallery/index.php?twg_album=Technical+Resources%2F1976+TR6+with+100+miles&twg_show=IMG_1812.JPG#123

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tung Sol were excellent lamps by any standard, OE fitment to a fair number of domestic performance cars, and a popular dealer fitment to imports - UK and European sealed beam lamps (sealed beams being compulsory in the USA) did not match the Tung Sols for light quality.

Nor incidentally, did European KT series big audio valves match the Tung Sol equivalents, which were the tubes of choice for big valve amps of the 50s and 60s such as Quad II.

Cheers

Alec

Thank you for the responses.

I referred this young gentleman & family man to this forum, from 6-Pack.

His '76 TR6 is yellow, a real nice original. Perhaps he will post some photos later, for all to enjoy. He's probably at work now.

His '76 TR6 is yellow, a real nice original. Perhaps he will post some photos later, for all to enjoy. He's probably at work now.

Another yellow 'survivor' looking forward to seeing that.

Cheers

Andrew

Indeed, I am at work. However here is the link to the Google site with pictures of my Inca Yellow TR6. Thank you for referring me to the forum, Sapphire.

https://goo.gl/photos/fUvRxGbcL2ExbGFT9

I am the third owner of the car which has about 14,500 original miles on it. I've owned it since 2007 but it was used sparingly for several years due to lack of available storage close to where I was living. Now that i have the storage at my home, I use it more often.

It is not pristine, but a well-kept original car. I am fanatical about trying to maintain it's originality, while still using it.

Things i know are not original to the car:

• Headlamps - i believe I have originals...hence my question
  • Radio (have original in box and will put back this winter)
  • Hoses and clamps (plan on restoring to the correct green with wire clamps)
  • Trim rings - have the original aluminum rings in a box. Prior owner replaced them with reproductions due to a scrape on one
  • Tires - replaced the originals in 2009 as 33 year old tires didn't seem safe to use on the highway...the spare is an original redline spare

Thank you everyone.

Regards,

Rob

T'would be nice to see a photo of your TR6, and the headlamp in question. :)

And, a first name to go with the post.

Here are photos of the headlamp which I believe to be original to the car.

I replaced these with halogen lamps for safety with halogen. However, I plan on placing these back in for judging.

https://goo.gl/photos/P2J8CD2U5Y1dCnNM8

Rob,

Great looking survivor TR6, welcome to the forum and the 'survivor club' (notional).

Good to hear your'e looking to keep it original as they are only original once. In a way it's a pity there are so few miles on it as it means the previous owners haven't really enjoyed the driving experience. That said, I guess it wouldn't be in such fine condition if it were.

Dave Bingham in Stratford CT is my contact in the US if your'e looking to source NOS parts and service items - if you don't already know Dave drop me a PM and I'll give you his email address.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith