Front bumper holes

Hi Guys,

Was just looking at my new front bumper, and noticed that it has 6 holes, but I only need four for the mounting brackets, so what are those 2 smaller holes in the middle for?

Thanks,

Yves

I hope not........we don't have front number plates in Alberta................

Yves

You found what you thought was an Alberta-specific bumper? Well done!

I'd have guessed it had holes for the many jurisdictions that do use front number plates.

Edited by Don H.

My US state doesn't require a front number plate for year-of-manufacture registered cars, but the holes in my Harrington stainless bumper don't cause me a moment's thought.

i-QwMpx4c-X3.jpg

Edited by Don H.

Thanks Foster, I'll have to find a plug of some sort to fill them. And Don, I never knew that TR's came with stainless steel bumpers! And with extra holes....

Yves

...I never knew that TR's came with stainless steel bumpers! And with extra holes....

Yves

They didn't, of course. But if you search a bit here on the forum you'll find a number of us replaced our originals with stainless from Vietnam and have been quite happy.

I suspect if one asked for a set from Harrington withough front plate holes it could easily be accomodated.

UK and the rest of the world pretty much do need a front plate hence why all repros have the extra two holes. Just because you lot in the Colonies dont need them there`s no need to brag! :lol:

Stuart.

When I bought my TR3A in May 1958 there was only one hole in the front bumper to hold the front plate. The plate was installed by the dealer on the day I went to get the car. The front plate, secured by only one bolt in that hole resulted in the plate swiveling back and forth in the wind or while cornering. Many years later when it was in need of re-chroming, I had the plating shop weld up that center hole and they drilled two new ones for the front plate I now use.

post-1056-0-66321600-1475114429_thumb.jpg