That group had another Doretti a year or two ago, IIRC. They like to link them to Pebble Beach.

The story goes that if one nails a horseshoe to the barn wall upside down all your luck will run out. I wonder if that works for Triumphs.

123322.jpg

Ha ha plastic fuel filter in the main line underneath!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

Fantasy junction do dream up their prices, I think they confuse them with their phone numbers!

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Although it appears to be correct I find it strange that in a left hooker the speedo is still on the right and not in front of the driver. Its in the same place as a RH drive model.

Chris

Although it appears to be correct I find it strange that in a left hooker the speedo is still on the right and not in front of the driver. Its in the same place as a RH drive model.

Chris

i-4DTG679.jpg

i-W35dvzh.jpg

Fantasy junction do dream up their prices, I think they confuse them with their phone numbers!

Stuart.

They've sold a mind boggling lot of the highest priced cars I've ever come across. That part isn't fantasy.

For Jag lovers there's www.classicshowcase.com with the biggest selection I've seen. They no longer display prices; I guess we know why ^_^ . The TR6 on the site's been there for years - I guess they figured they could recover the restoration costs ( silly boys! ).

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom Fremont
  • 2 weeks later...

That group had another Doretti a year or two ago, IIRC. They like to link them to Pebble Beach.

The story goes that if one nails a horseshoe to the barn wall upside down all your luck will run out. I wonder if that works for Triumphs.

123322.jpg

That'll be the Australian spec I guess

Peter w

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm like the colour but dont like the finish, close up pictures show poor finishing of the lacquer and a shame they didnt get the front badge in the middle too.

Stuart.

Hmm like the colour but dont like the finish, close up pictures show poor finishing of the lacquer and a shame they didnt get the front badge in the middle too.

Stuart.

This must be what you noticed, Stuart, yes? That would drive me absolutely nuts.

s-l1600.jpg

$ 185,000 is unbelievable and perhaps optimistic, but I think that it will fetch a sum far north of 100,000. Prices are up and up. Money in the bank doesn't mean anything with the low interest rates. People tend to buy these cars as an investment. And, rarities like this Doretti are sought after: most technical parts can be bought off the shelf. So you have a rare car that's quite easy to maintain.

(We see the same here with yachts overhere in Holland. Sales of these boats > 60,000 euros are 100% higher than last year!)

Back in 1996, a Dutch Porsche aficionado bought an early 911 (then: 901) in California for $ 9,999 and had it restored at Dutch restorer Bob Hahn's Rescue 911 workshop. It took years to collect all proper parts for this early car. Last year it was advertised for... 675,000 euros. The owner turned down an offer of 599,999 and told everybody that he wanted to fetch 675,000. 4 months later it was sold at the Essen Car Show for exactly that amount. The new owner shipped the car to the Middle East. Fair chance it will never be on the road again.

This is what's going to happen with our cars too. E.g., early TR2s, cars with a proven rally history etc will fetch over 100,000 euros within two or three years. Waving this away with words as 'it's only a TR' or similar tone of voice are perhaps the result of long time ownership, shoestring repairs, guerrilla tinkering (that's how we call it overhere when you drive your car on ramps on the street, working under your car, spanners in the gutter). It's the past, these are memories from another era, another century if you wish. You cannot ignore these prices anymore. These are real.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Menno is right on the money but if you can afford them, you can still afford to drive them.

Then you are living the dream - great ride, great investment for the future, all tax free.

Edited by Paul Harvey