Dawn, nice pics, nice upgrades! Please consider the comments posted above. Certainly the one about the radiator welds.

The header tank as presented by Stuart is a perfect solution for the RHD car. We LHD owners (I live in Europe) have more play room to under the bonnet. You can use all sorts of header tanks, as long as the original cap with the correct pressure will fit! (See Stuart's posting!).

Just a few points:

- make sure you install the cowl around the radiator: the air must be 'guided' through the radiator.

- check the Advance Auto Wiring site for the best possible wiring diagram: http://www.advanceautowire.com Copy the wiring diagram 3x: one very large version on the wall -easy to read. One as a reference sheet: every time you've done something with that wire, you can 'tick' that wire. One reference sheet, pref. sealed in plastic for future references.

Menno

Stuart, a nice fit, two questions, how did get the height right, I ask as someone who has a dent in his bonnet from a previous error and where does the bottom pipe from the header tank feed into, I did like the look of the Racetorations kit, expensive but I suspect top quality, but wanted to keep my heater, cheers, Andrew

Take the left hand headlight out and then with the bonnet shut you can see where to fit the tank. The feed pipe to the tank from the radiator overflow pipe is the one you can see on the front of the tank, internally it has a pipe going down to the base of the tank. The normal overflow pipe from the pressure cap on the tank then just goes down to just below the chassis rail.

Stuart.

Dawn have you tried the bonnet(hood) for clearance with moving the radiator forward as it is close to the crossmember underneath it. The earlier MGB header tanks are brass, that one is just painted black.

Stuart.

Thanks Guys I'll check all my welds after each race

I read that link thank you Roger, I have a metal firewall installed now so that should help stabilize things

We'll see, I'll be a test case. I'll have a steel tank on the shelf ready to swap out thats for sure.

I need that wall size wiring diagram Menno, I will order it today thank you.

I have found some great coolant xpansion tks on CX Racing

Thanks all round

Dawn

post-12921-0-64709800-1471789470_thumb.jpgpost-12921-0-17650500-1471789450_thumb.jpgStuart you had me worried there about the hood clearance. Stupidly I did not check that before I moved the radiator. Anyway it works out that the cross member is 43" from the back corner so I ran a string across

looks like I dodged a bullet, sigh of relief . Thanks for pointing that out , D.

The easiest way to determine clearance on bonnet/hood, is to mount a pillar of BluTak onto the item in question, then - very gently - close the bonnet/hood, first to the safety position, then completely, and see how much the BluTak gets squashed.

An alternative is to borrow an intelligent 4 year old child, equip him/her with a torch and lay him/her inside the bonnet/hood before closing the lid. This might be construed as abuse - you have been warned!

Ian Cornish

So what level does the childs head get squashed down to and still give you a clearance under the bonnet for ancillaries ?

Mick Richards

The easiest way to determine clearance on bonnet/hood, is to mount a pillar of BluTak onto the item in question, then - very gently - close the bonnet/hood, first to the safety position, then completely, and see how much the BluTak gets squashed.

An alternative is to borrow an intelligent 4 year old child, equip him/her with a torch and lay him/her inside the bonnet/hood before closing the lid. This might be construed as abuse - you have been warned!

Ian Cornish

...and whilst they are under the bonnet who will be cleaning the chimney.......

Roger AKA Fagin