TR7 wiper sweep.

Yep its not right. Difficult to make out if you have the right length wiper blades on as Niall says above - so that would be my first look.

Secondly it could be damage or wear on the rack or wheel boxes not allowing the drivers side to raise high enough. Are there any ugly noises or jerky motion?

Thirdly if that inspection fails (and judging by the photo the passenger side isn't parking correctly either) it could be adjustment needed to the limit switch, which is a little plastic dog in the wiper motor box. You can just about do this in situ by undoing the clamp to free the motor and then undoing the little hex head screws which hold the cover plate on. Beware not to loose anything though!

I think I'm right in saying you can't just move them round a few flats like an early TR because they have flast on them for a spring clip to locate , so fixing their position on the spindle... I think!

• 2 months later...

Here's an update for the very few who are remotely interested. As the TR7V8 is a recent purchase and because I have no previous knowledge or experience of these cars, I incorrectly assumed that the wiper system was original.

However, I have now discovered that despite the previous owner telling me that he is a motor mechanic, the system was a bodge up!

A Mr. A. Hole sometime in the past had replaced the original 120 degree motor with a 105 degree item. Perhaps the PO never drove it in the rain. The rack had been butchered as well so it was not a straightforward motor replacement job. I have replaced the motor and rack, removed and re greased all the moving parts, and fitted a passenger side wiper arm to the driver's side instead of the annoying pantograph item. I now have working wipers, albeit they are pretty weak and come to a stop unless the windscreen is wet. This I believe is normal.

Boy, do I miss the excellent spares availability of all the pre 1976 TRs ! I am learning that the TR7 range is nowhere near as well catered for. Second hand items that are rare are so expensive too!

So, I have learned, never assume that Mr. Hole has not been at work.

Rodders.