New TR4A chassis

Really? Not the most helpful of answers. The price of TR parts is our business!

Price is of interest to the buyer too and just because the vendor doesn't put their price on line here would seem as good a place as any to discuss how much it might be. Having a rough idea what others have paid may well help get the best price as big ticket items may well come with "options" that influence the price greatly and being able to say "Why is your price different from company B?" may well result in a sound answer or a discount.

Is it a new chassis or a rebuilt one? When I rebuilt mine I took it to a workshop in Brum and had mine rebuilt on the same jig by the same guy who supplied the exchange chassis sold by one of the major suppliers. As he said unless they have had a shunt they rust in the same places and he repairs the same sections. The price direct was a quarter of the dealer price! He is out of the TR game these days but knowledge kept several hundred Pounds in my bank account!

One of my many pet hates are people who advertise things without a price. As a potential buyer I resent wasting my valuable time ringing about an item to find the vendor is delusional. The same applies to eBay auctions that have a reserve price. Just start it at your minimum reserve price and don't waste my time.

Have to agree with your comments really Andy. Don't you just hate these dealers who advertise POA!

Most TR chassis sold would likely be of similar spec as galvanising is rarely done and by and large the front wishbone mountings on say a TR6 are done with the reinforcing brackets and the diff mountings reinforced.

Back to my comment asking how much a chassis is likely to be is a reasonable question for a poster to ask even if one or other of the traders doesn't list the price.

There will be people on here who have bought them outright and exchange.

I have already mentioned the cost. If you want to firm up the price to your spec call Colin.

Budget around £4K, it's worth it

Tom

But it's a guide price....

Very simple to understand .

It gives people an idea of the outlay needed.

Surely that's what the original question was....

????????

But it's a guide price....

Very simple to understand .

It gives people an idea of the outlay needed.

Surely that's what the original question was....

No as I said a guide is worth nothing ..... try Post accident damage bent turrets etc.

Edited by ntc

Before long we'll be asking how many angels can dance on a pinhead . . . . . :rolleyes:

Come on Neil, you're trying to split hairs old lad . . . . :P

I've seen more than a few chassis from Colin, and he's been pretty consistent over the years.

Good bloke, doesn't take the p*ss, and you can trust him.

Tom's figure is a good enough guide, unless the old chassis is total scrap . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

I rest my case Tom if they no good ?

He charges you the surcharge...

Again it's common sense.....

Rare that the turrets cannot be re used

I give up....

The guide price is on this thread for all to see.......!!!!!

Colin quoted me somewhere in the region of £3.5k for a bare TR3a chassis when I thought mine was bent about 2 years ago. I can't remember the exact figure but I would bet on the £4k quoted above as a good starter for ten by the time it's primed/painted/modded.

He's a good chap and will discuss all the options with you in terms of finish/modifications. I know a couple of people first hand that are very happy with his work - he did a tiny job for me about a year ago and didn't charge me a penny even though it took 20 minutes to move everything around so he could get the car up on the ramps.

He had a couple of chassis there when I visited and I know of one TR3 locally that was restored onto a brand new CTM chassis without any issues. They certainly look the part.

Recently had an extensive repair carried out on my 4A chassis by Colin, new front right hand section fitted, converted to IRS and new rear section. Also all the uprated strengthening, a first class job cost about £3500. Repair costs can only be assessed after inspection.

I understand at the time of my repair a new IRS chassis was about £4500, but donor turrets etc would be required.

Very pleased with the work carried out on my chassis.

Paul

I give up....

The guide price is on this thread for all to see.......!!!!!

I agree with you Tom! Give up & go for a drink! I would join you if nearer!

Cheers.