Hello folks

Just in the process of fitting the hood.

Bit of a faff but getting there, one thing I have noticed and I am sure is not right is that the over centre catches stick up too much and poke up the hood. I know the catches are adjustable but right now the only way I can clamp down the hood is with the catches in the position they are in.

In your experience

A. Is this normal

B. will I be able to adjust the catches in time

C. have I made an almighty c**k up

Thanks all.

David

Thanks Mark

Fitting the hood good and tight was not too much of a problem in this hot weather, do hope the PVC stretches a bit though as I think it's going to be a right b***r to get it up in the cold weather...

I'll just have to see If I can move the clips down a bit when it's relaxed a bit.

I would be interested to know where others have fitted the male clips that hold the hood cover down within the car.

David

They do end up being very close and IIRC when I had the soft top on mine they did just touch though not enough to put a visible hump.

Stuart.

Mark. On my 4a the upper face of the part fixed to the screen frame (the female part) is just level with the lower edge of the aluminium frame capping.

The levers are about 12mm clear of the hood with the hood closed.

Could take a photo tomorrow if needed.

Dave

Hmm it's a mystery init. other than the clips and screen fittings I can see no other adjustment options.

The new hood has now had a good few days to stretch and in this heat I think that should help.

I will see what I can achieve by adjustment, failing that I may see if shorter over centre leaver bits are available, perhaps from a Herald....but I have my doubts that Triumph would have two different sizes in the parts bin, might make it a bit of an effort clipping up the hood in the cooler weather.

Thanks all for your advise.

David