CLM 2016. A 'Thank You' to all who came.

Well the 'fat lady' has now sang and CLM is all over for another two years. However, as team leader, I would just like to take this opportunity to offer a sincere 'thank you' to all those TR Register members who offered their support and help over the weekend. I'm told the drivers could easily make out the clubs supporters at Terte Rouge on their way past.

For my part, it was a frustrating weekend as we seemed to be plagued with a misfire which no amount of fettling seemed to cure. Having bled the fuel lines, fitting heat shields to the carbs and force fed some air to the carbs with some improvised water bottles the fault was finally traced to fuel pump x feeds and fixed with a mole grip!

I have only just managed to see the camera shots of John Chris and Barry driving the car and all I can say is they have much bigger Cojhones than me!

My thanks also go to my pit crew, Frank Richardson and Tony Jeanes without whom the race wouldn't have gone as well as it did. They were assisted by John Davies who actually attended the meeting as a spectator but we roped him in and then he too became an invaluable member of the team.

Finally, my thanks go to Wayne Scott for doing such an excellent job of PR for the club and to my sponsors, Miller's Oils and Burlen Fuel Services, without who's help we wouldn't have even been there. No doubt I will have to write a full report for Wayne before long but meanwhile, the car will be on display at IWE.

Hoges.

Edited by Paul Hogan

And I want to thank Paul, and Frank and Tony, for accepting this unknown quantity who foisted himself on them and for making me part of the team.

They were all endlessly patient under trying pressure, when at some points, everyone was feeling so tired that even Tony's Jethro jokes only lifted the mood for a while.

But the final achievement, to which I had zero contribution, was a permanent mood lifter, and I feel I have had the best CLM I have ever had.

Thank you all!

Team pic below - sorry it's a composite, blame the guy I gave my camera/phone!

L to R: Paul, back to camera, talking to fans, Tony, THE TR3A S, yours truly, Frank and John Sykes.

John

post-535-0-46530700-1468406281_thumb.png

Edited by john.r.davies