springs standard or uprated

My TR6 restoration is coming along nicely with the bodywork nearly done, which brings me to thinking of the next stage of building my chassis up.

i have got all polybush and am keeping my lever arms on the rear (uprated 25%) KYB front shocks. My question is should i go standard

springs or uprated ?

your opinions and advice would be appreciated

thanks

Len

All depends what you want to do with the car?

If your just doing general tootling about and some touring then I would advise standard (See similar post in the TR5/250 Section?).

Regards

Gary

I've gone from standard, which in my view are too soft for our roads and speed bumps, to uprated but standard length. Ride is better, no bottoming out on potholes and speed bumps, and comfortable on long runs. Ive had lowered but found them a bit uncomfortable and not suited to my local potholed roads so what I've now got is a good compromise.

Len

If you want a set of uprated & lowered springs let me know.

Fitted about 1k miles ago and don't suit me so changing back.

Steve

Thanks for replies and thanks Steve for the offer. Matter of interest why are you going back to standard ?

I am thinking along the lines of what Robin has said. Thanks

My intended use for the car is normal use not track days . but i do like to get a move on !

Len

Len

I just find them too hard & too low for comfortable driving. I am out in the sticks and have to contend with pot holes and generally bad roads.

I fitted spax adjustable shocks to the car but don't seem to be able to get the ride to suit.

The lowered springs also make it a bind to either get a jack under the car or even get it over the ramp jack on my 4 post lift I reckon ground clearance is around 3" - looks great and feels good on proper roads but most of my use is not motorway.

The car looks like a real poser though!

Steve

post-13767-0-77700600-1464724851_thumb.jpg