Windscreen Frame Mount Bolts

Further to Bazza's thread on dash top removal, I went and had a look at my car today and I'm confused as to whether I left off a few bolts 26 years ago!

The Brown book seems to show and mention 3 bolts on each side holding the screen frame mounts to the bodyshell. The top two of these would go from the outside in and the bottom one one goes from the inside out.

On my car, I only seem to have one bolt at each side going to the top mount. So, did I forget to put one in on each side all those years ago or is it normal to only use one on the top mounts?

Paul

post-2788-0-87588200-1464642260_thumb.jpgpost-2788-0-28413100-1464642283_thumb.jpg

Tks Roger,

Does it use a smaller or cutout washer compared to the bolt next to it. It seems there wouldn't be space for a similar sized washer?

Fortunately there hasn't been a strong breeze in the garages that my bodyshell has been sitting in for the last 26 years!

Paul

Tks again Roger,

I meant the use of a washer on the outside rather than the inside.

However, I definitely don't have captive nuts on the inside of the clamps on either side of the car as you can see from the first pic. The mount plate itself has a captive nut for the other top bolt as you can see in the pic but definitely not on the clamp plate.

I'm wondering now if the clamp nut was left off so that I could fit the weatherstrip and align the window etc when I was to eventually do the fit-out? I just didn;t think it would take another 26 years!

Paul

There should be a washer on the outside under the bolt head and its a good idea to put some DumDum round it to stop water ingtess, you are also missing a washer under the lock nut on the bottom of the tube by the looks of it.

Stuart.