Replacement sun visors - TR4

I'd been looking out for a set of sun visor for my 4 for a little while, seemed to be a lack of stock from the usual suppliers, so while I was in the US recently I called TRF who listed them as available.

As it happened they were out of stock as well, but the chap I spoke to said that they got their supply from John Skinner.

So I spoke directly to Skinners, they were at pains to tell me that the white was not a perfect match to the originals but it was pretty good, given that mine were not in great shape I wasn't too worried about that. Any way, order placed and 5 days later they were with me, happy days :)

Fitted today and took a few pictures in case others wanted to see the differences - the grain is slightly different and the size slightly larger overall (although mine could have shrunk in the sun during the last 50-odd years!)

....... Andy

post-13122-0-44671400-1464543000_thumb.jpeg

post-13122-0-40020800-1464543023_thumb.jpeg

post-13122-0-79936200-1464543035_thumb.jpeg

Edited by AndyR100

Thanks Roger - being right in your eyeline it had been bugging me for a while, I'm rather pleased with the result.

........ Andy

Shame they dont use the now available "Longhorn" material that you can get for Surrey hard top headlinings as that is much closer and wouldnt look so different.

Stuart.