wheeler dealers tr6 on quest now

Cripes, when was it filmed, a decent TR6 with no rust for £6k and sold for £8.5, must be the good old days. Interesting to note that fitting a Bosch pump was not detailed nor the faffing about to bleed the system afterward. Nice to see a TR tho as a featured classic.

This episode has been on several times I believe since it was first shown in October 2012, so not all that long ago.

I know it's only light entertainment, but I do have to chuckle when you see how little effort they apparently make to check the weak points of the model, such as crank end float and suchlike.

John

Always thought that episode was more of a joke than most.

That was a silly price back in 2012 & the seller caved in on his asking price so quickly.

Reckon the buy/sell was a setup and the car was restored for a friend

A very light program, it's just a shame that after " their rather Light Restoration " they only count the prices of the " Discount " spare parts.

Depending on the car concerned I might watch it,...... but at some point I consider the restoration costs they mention as a disgrace towards serious restorers.

In that view people must think that Classic Car restorers are the biggest crooks in the universe... :angry::angry:

Can't believe Ed China called the Throttle Bodies...'Carburettors!' And didn't as said above check the dreaded end float!

• 10 months later...

Same same, why not Fuzz?

The car seller probably gets some dosh from the TV production company anyway, so like the labour element that's never factored in, the buyer is made to look like a real wheeler dealer!