Help Wheel alignment settings

Hi All

Having got her half way to York, serviced and running reasonably well, the mechanic upon driving it has banned me from doing so myself! Too dangerous.

So I need to get hold of the wheel alignment settings for a 1959 TR3A. (Toe, castor, camber etc)

I'm driving up now, and have managed to get an appointment 1st thing, but they need the settings.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Steve,

Has the 'mechanic' got a girlfriend near York? If the geometry is that badly out - too dangerous to drive - he should have seen it by eye before he drove it anywhere.

Try for parallel to 3mm toe-in

Castor is fixed.

Camber about 1 positive.

Peter

Pretty much what Peter said. The only thing that is really adjustable is the tracking.

From the service manual -

Track at ground (static laden) 45 inches

Castor - nil

Wheel camber (static laden) 2 deg.

at full bump 1/2 deg.

at full rebound 1 deg.

King pin inclination (static laden) 7 deg.

Toe -in zero to 1/8 inch

Length of centre tie-rod 19.44 inch

Length of outer tie rod 7.68 inch

(Zero castor means there is virtually no self-centreing effect with these cars.)

your mechanic does know that the steering does not self centre on a sidescreen ?

cheers

Alan

And having a steering box it will more than likely have a fair bit of play around the centre line! UK MOT used to allow a couple of inches either side of centre IIRC.

Stuart.

Thanks all. Currently a damn sight better, but still a tendency to go round left handers a lot easier than right. Has rack and pinion fitted. Plus the rear drums are shot(pulsing of the pedal under breaking) so a few more things to do before the drive back down from York. ☹️