Tr4 Vin query

If you could guarantee that it was the engine that was in the car when it left the factory then the Gaydon records would have the Commission Number but I don't know it the records are searchable - somehow I doubt it.

If the car you saw had no Commission Number plate, what was on the registration document? Was it DVLA licenced?

Edited by peejay4A

Like Peter says if it has its original engine then in theory you could find its original VIN but Gaydon do say it will take longer and they may charge extra.

Stuart.

Probably take a LOT longer and cost a LOT extra,

IF they will do it.

Files of CT numbers are more or less continuous,

I believe, whereas engine numbers can easily vary

by 1,000 either way.

AlanR

If a car lacks a commission plate then it's usually for a good reason . . . . .

At the very least it's likely to be as kosher as a pork chop at a barmitzvah . . . . . .

And it could well once have been someone else's pride and joy that mysteriously disappeared from storage . . . . .

Stolen cars have to reappear one way or another - either as parts, cloaked in a new identity, or with identity removed.

Caveat emptor . . . .

Cheers

Alec

If a car lacks a commission plate then it's usually for a good reason . . . . .

At the very least it's likely to be as kosher as a pork chop at a barmitzvah . . . . . .

And it could well once have been someone else's pride and joy that mysteriously disappeared from storage . . . . .

Stolen cars have to reappear one way or another - either as parts, cloaked in a new identity, or with identity removed.

Caveat emptor . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Alec - agreed.

Also a convenient way to switch a UK identity to a lhd import.

AlanR

The car I looked at was a US import. I dont understand how he managed to import it, he stated he was waiting for Title to arrive. I shall wait and see. May make hiim an offer if everything ties up.

Steve