overdrive tripping out

Just fitted a logic and momentary switch from Revington. All seems good, however when in 3rd gear and overdrive in if I apply a little pressure on the gear stick or take my foot off the accelerator pedal the overdrive trips out. Can anybody suggest what to check/do next

thanks

Kevine

Hi Kev,

the gearstick is being forced over and causing the inhibit switch to disconnect.

It could be the rubber boot applying pressure on the gearstick.

Or, the inhibit switch may need adjustment to give it a fighting chance - tunnel off for that one.

However it could be the wiring as you have disturbed it or 100 other things.

Roger

PS - welcome to the forum.

Edited by RogerH

Thank you Roger In your reply you say the Inibit switch may need adjustment. Is this the switch that just screws on top of the gearbox and if so what adjustment can be made, or are you refering to the solenoid switch. sorry for asking. The rubber boot looks well out of shape so will test drive with these removed.

Thank you

Kevin

Hi Roger,

Before fitting Logic device from Revington I think it was tempremental but the switch on the cowling then had failed, so whilst getting a new switch I decided that the Logic device seemed a good idea as several post on the forum thought it was positive especially with engaging reverse being eleminated thus overdrive damage. I have now driven the car without rubber boots attached and whilst it seems better it has not rectified the problem. It appears the next action is to remove gearbox tunnel. If I'am going this route is it prudent to fit new switches to the gearbox at the same time? Can you confirm that the solenoid adustment is unlikely to have any inpact to the remedy? All wiring seems good, and it was all ok previously when the cowling switch was working. I confirm 2nd gear and 4th gear all ok. One switch on the gearbox as i understand controls 3rd and 4th gear so that is confussing me as 4th is ok

Thanks again

Kevin

It could still be the 3/4th switch as the indent on the selector shaft may not be exactly the same/line up the same in either gear position so adjustment may still be required. I presume you have double checked all your wiring for the logic box as they have quite sensitive relays so will respond quicker than normal switching.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart.

When i got the instructions I felt it was beyond my capabilities so I got a Auto electrician to fit. I presume this is all good.(I have used him before) All works well in and out of overdrive except 3rd which just seems very sensitive. without the boots it is a little better.I think that it is likely to remove gearbox tunnel and fiddle about with the washers and switch in the first instance and maybe if then all good relace the rubber boots as one is very out of shape.

Thanks for your input

Kevin