TR5 "Patience " Re-build

Hi all

For those of you following the progress on this re-build and my blog. I've had to re-format the blog by breaking it down into chapters. I've done that now and brought it up to Feb 2018. So you can find it on the home page "Owners Blogs" under the top 5 authors. "William R Bourne" . Well I hope you can. I'll add some more content soon, but it's nearly finished. Just some more pictures of the car with the hood fitted and the boot fitted out are yet to come.

Thank you

best

Bill

Hi Bill,

That mohair hood is very nice!

What a pity the car is nearly finished:)

Regards,

Waldi

Hi Bill,

That mohair hood is very nice!

What a pity the car is nearly finished:)

Regards,

Waldi

Hi Waldi

Yes it is a shame it's nearly done, but this is the most satisfying stage. How quickly you forget the muck, the dirt, the black face after grinding some part or another, grazed knuckles, aching back, the frustrating moments and all that money you spent. The mental blocks, of "I know I have bought one of those, but where the hell is it ? So buy another. 6 months later. Oh that's where I put it ! I know we have all been there..

Best Bill

Bill,

Your comment made me laugh and it's such a relief to know I'm not the only one who does that. Currently looking for a demister grill. I know I took 2 off some years ago so why can I now only find one.

Barry

Restauration is 20% dismantling, 70% cleaning and welding, 20% finding new parts and 30 % fitting and 20 % sanding panels.

Yes, totalling 160%, because it is also more than anticipated:)

Waldi

Bill,

Your comment made me laugh and it's such a relief to know I'm not the only one who does that. Currently looking for a demister grill. I know I took 2 off some years ago so why can I now only find one.

Barry

ahhh, but the best one is.. ooooh, I'd better keep that bit, you cant get those anymore, I'll put it somewhere safe, where I won't forget where it is. 3 weeks later, now I know where that is.. Nope,, it's not there. Oh, must have put it with the other related stuff.. Nope, it's not there either. What ! it must be. Bugger, I know I've got it. I really need it,because that's the job I wanted to complete today. It must be here somewhere. 1 hr later, having turned everything upside down and getting side tracked by coming across other lost items that surprise you, because you thought you'd lost them as well. Then lunch, then something interupts your momentum and then the day is lost. Oh, for christ's sake, Have I got fairy's in my garage? A sleepless night follows. Your'e other half, says, oh you'll be okay, I'm sure it's there somewhere. I KNOW, I KNOW. Mmm. Keep calm, look for it in the morning. The morning arrives, your'e calm, you have your tea in your hand and off to the garage you go. Have another look in the place you 1st went too. Yoh !!! found it. Phew what a hooooge relief. It was staring at you all the time, but you didn't see it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr, mutter mutter. I know i've got fairy's in my garage !

ahhh, but the best one is.. ooooh, I'd better keep that bit, you cant get those anymore, I'll put it somewhere safe, where I won't forget where it is. 3 weeks later, now I know where that is.. Nope,, it's not there. Oh, must have put it with the other related stuff.. Nope, it's not there either. What ! it must be. Bugger, I know I've got it. I really need it,because that's the job I wanted to complete today. It must be here somewhere. 1 hr later, having turned everything upside down and getting side tracked by coming across other lost items that surprise you, because you thought you'd lost them as well. Then lunch, then something interupts your momentum and then the day is lost. Oh, for christ's sake, Have I got fairy's in my garage? A sleepless night follows. Your'e other half, says, oh you'll be okay, I'm sure it's there somewhere. I KNOW, I KNOW. Mmm. Keep calm, look for it in the morning. The morning arrives, your'e calm, you have your tea in your hand and off to the garage you go. Have another look in the place you 1st went too. Yoh !!! found it. Phew what a hooooge relief. It was staring at you all the time, but you didn't see it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr, mutter mutter. I know i've got fairy's in my garage !

Wow, its not just me then. Been looking for a pair of chrome wiper nuts I bought 4 years ago and put away safe!!

post-197-0-90377000-1520716830_thumb.png

Cheers

Graeme