TR5 "Patience " Re-build

Bill,

Tks for that. I finally realised that the problem was caused by using Google Chrome on my small netbook. At 100%, it didn't display the left-hand side menu options. Changed resolution to 90% and Bingo! I could then access the left menu areas.

Really interesting blog! A few items that I'd like to ask you about re. the engine rebuild, so I'll drop you a separate email rather than disrupt your thread here.

Tks again

Paul

Your going to have fun fitting fuel pipes now Bill.

Stuart.

I knooooow ! and there is quite a bit of other fiddling to do to get things to fit the way I want them to, but I'm really pleased with the paint job. Just got to hope I don't scratch anything. mmmm , unlikely but I'm going to try.

Best Bill

Loooooveley Bill. The next stage is the really the cream when refitting all those shiny parts and the car starts to come together.I know exactly how you both are feeling right now.Well done and we will come around to see the master piece very soon.

Brilliant,

Regards Harry

Loooooveley Bill. The next stage is the really the cream when refitting all those shiny parts and the car starts to come together.I know exactly how you both are feeling right now.Well done and we will come around to see the master piece very soon.

Brilliant,

Regards Harry

Thank you Harry. There is a long way to go yet and I have a few worries, but...........with some careful work, I'm sure it will come together nicely. Paul and I are going to make our list tonight of 1st step projects.. That will be interesting.

I look forward to your visit. soooooon I hope.

Best Bill/Fiona

Thank you Harry. There is a long way to go yet and I have a few worries, but...........with some careful work, I'm sure it will come together nicely. Paul and I are going to make our list tonight of 1st step projects.. That will be interesting.

I look forward to your visit. soooooon I hope.

Best Bill/Fiona

Careful Harry,

That sounds like a plea for "..get yourself round here sharpish, we've got a problem we don't know how to solve and we need your help." Take your overalls with you!!

Dave McD

Careful Harry,

That sounds like a plea for "..get yourself round here sharpish, we've got a problem we don't know how to solve and we need your help." Take your overalls with you!!

Dave McD

Naughty !! - nothing of the sort, honest m'lud.

Just been thrught the blog, wow!

Its going to be beautiful.

Hope its going to be used and not just looked at!

Steve

Just been thrught the blog, wow!

Its going to be beautiful.

Hope its going to be used and not just looked at!

Steve

Hi Steve

Thank you

Oh I'm sure it will be used although this is Fiona's car, so perhaps not as much I would use it. It certainly won't be shut away as an ornament though..

Best Bill

• 1 month later...

Hi All - more pictures and updates added

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/edit-rebuilders-diary/edit-55

best Bil

Hi Bill, Your link takes me to a page saying "diary entry not found"

Best,

Sean

ooops try this one

best bill

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/rebuilders-diary/page-15

Terrific Bill

but your door trim is upside down, :huh: minor detail .

Roy

Hi Roy

I wondered when someone would spot that. Although I looked at numerous pictures of other TR5's and it's 50 -50 - some are down and some are up. I like them up and I'm leaving them as they are. Weeely don't want to take them off again - ooh no.

Best Bill

Really coming together now Bill bet you are proud of what you have achieved. :):)

Cheers

Mike. B)

Hi Mike

Thank you - yes, it does feel good putting it together. Each bit fitted feels like a small victory. Great sense of achievement. I'm very lucky though to have some experienced help looking over my shoulder. Next the fuel lines. Big mistake. I should have done these before the body was fitted. It would have been a lot easier. But events and time overtook me and I lost the opportunity to fit them. But I am where I am. So currently reviewing all my options at the moment.

Best Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...