New engine problem diagnosis

Yes, you need each of the breathers to be a separate feed into the reservoir.

Mick Richards

Mick, Paul

Thanks for the info

I don't have 2 inlets on the catch can (it's only a small one) so will rig up a direct dump to the road from the rocker cover as a trial ( can't possibly drop as much oil as it is at the moment) and see what happens

Thanks

Graeme

I think some will sue that block side vent, where a mechanical fuel pump would live, to run the hose upwards as far as possible before going to the catch tank.

The hope is that condensed oil will then trickle back into the sump, while water vapour will escape.

GoK if it works.

John

As my car is not used in competition, I run a rubber hose from the outlet on the right side of my alloy rocker cover, but take it over the top of the rocker cover, then down the left side of the engine to the same level as the end of the crankcase breather.

It's been running like this for 15 years, and virtually no oil drops on the garage floor from either of these breathers - and there's never any sign of foam under the rocker cover.

Ian Cornish

John

I've just set up the rocker cover pipe into the catch can and a hose from the lower block vent up and over the catch can then down to the chassis rail

Will see how much difference it makes

Graze